Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Jimmy Fallon TV show - 26/27 Sep 2013
  • 137 Comments sorted by
  • Never heard of him. Knowing American shows they'll start playing then have the end credits cut right through the performance then straight to adverts.  **==
  • just entered..... :)
  • What's with the tired anti-Americanism in this thread? The Fallon appearance should be good. Fallon hosts the show Conan O'Brien hosted for many years and next year he's scheduled to succeed Jay Leno on The Tonight Show. He's a big music fan and will per usual be breathless and full of effusive praise; he's rather excitable. I believe this is their first appearance on Fallon but they've done Letterman, Leno and Conan's old show. Oh, and, none of the late nigh shows cut off the musical performances.
  • What's with the tired anti-Americanism in this thread? The Fallon appearance should be good. Fallon hosts the show Conan O'Brien hosted for many years and next year he's scheduled to succeed Jay Leno on The Tonight Show. He's a big music fan and will per usual be breathless and full of effusive praise; he's rather excitable. I believe this is their first appearance on Fallon but they've done Letterman, Leno and Conan's old show. Oh, and, none of the late nigh shows cut off the musical performances.

exactly...i never ever used the term Freedom Fries (France) and i'm not upset about Parliament deciding to vote against a Syria strike.....what is up with the Anti-Americanism :)
  • stevil said:

...what is up with the Anti-Americanism :)

GeLLi$$!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • applied
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2013-09-05 00:40:47
  • For last-minute tickets, you need to show up at 9AM. I'm hoping to find an 'in.'
  • Oh, did you enter the band-bench sweepstakes, G?
  • yes, they will select some on a random basis anyway
  • ^ fingers crossed for you!
  • :-)  
    think I saw you in Manchester or at the Somerset House Ping, I'm not sure ...
  • Giancarlo said:

:-)  

think I saw you in Manchester or at the Somerset House Ping, I'm not sure ...

possibly, i was at them :)

does anyone know if there's any way we can watch this when its on? or are any of you US guys able to record it for us? pretty please O:-)

Chill! Nobody's being anti-American. Just saying too many adverts that cut perfectly good programmes to bits with commercials. Fucking hell this forum 8-|
  • For some bizarre reason I never realised that you can get Fallon's show on CNBC over here too - it's on Virgin on #613 for anybody that has it so I assume on the same channel with Sky & BT in some form.

By all accounts the episode with Goldfrapp on is being shown on the 10th and 14th.

Tivo box set to record!
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-09-06 16:49:11
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!