Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Annabel Video
  • 85 Comments sorted by
  • Amazing video... It made me choke up a little. Ok, maybe a little tear on the corner of my right eye... Lisa was an excellent choice for the videos, but I have to say I agree with HorseTearz, the kid is amazing!
  • Absolutely beautiful. And my first listen to anything other than "Drew" as well. :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Just caught this today. Wow... Just wow. I love it. Anything that deals with dual nature and identity is a hit in my book. And this song conveys it perfectly.
  • Stunning. Gender as an adventure, not as a label. The scene with the spangly dress gave me shivers (or chills if you speak Phoneshop) Beautifully done. I think Goldfrapp are going to be seen very differently when the movie is released.

• Aesthetically enchanting and heartbreaking.And I only watched this mute at work as well as when Drew debuted.I can't wait to go home,7 hours left;-/ I cried on a first viewing and I'm not even ashamed though normally I pretend not to have a soft side(in public at least).It also feels very personal as obviously I was that weird,outsider boy that dressed in his mothers pantyhose and tied them on the ends and thought to be a mermaid.I do not resent my shotcomings now in adulthood,I'm kind of proud of them;-D
    It's the first day of school today and shopping center is full of children dressed fancy,black&white,weirdly calm,slo mo running through the corridors and that with moody weather creates an eerie atmosphere.Like an extension to a video that let my imagination loose.I really appreciate to have NO customers in wine shop today,I can soak this spellbinding mood and croon Annabel as I imagine it goes in the video;-D I need help i think;-D I love the fact that they chosen heavier themes with that album.
    A brief appearance and role of Alison in the video is just gorgeous and tender.
    Post edited by Jules at 2013-09-02 07:11:40
  • Wow. Loved that. Alison's sort of hidden-mother role, the Bowie reference, how everything came into colour once he became happy...
    And of course, the obligatory bike ride through the woods. I hope every video from ToU ends with that.

• Just imagine a last bonus scene in the overall short film, where all main characters from all the videos come together in the woods, each riding his/her bike. :D
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

Just imagine a last bonus scene in the overall short film, where all main characters from all the videos come together in the woods, each riding his/her bike. :D

One can dream, one can dream.
    Would also be wonderful if every track on the album got a video, but unfortunately that can't happen :(

• Anyone figured out how to rip it yet? It'll probably appear on other places soon but just in case.
  • Could someone tell me, where is Bowie? ;) 
  • Oh dear. Sorry but I think I'm going to be in the minority that's starting to find these videos boring now. The albums going to be beautiful but all this arty clap trap just isn't my thing and sick to the back teeth of bloody black and white videos! Yawn :-?
  • rewak said:

Anyone figured out how to rip it yet? It'll probably appear on other places soon but just in case.

I'll grab it when I get in from work - I have numerous things installed to that end ;)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • So do i, none want to grab it, Brightcove always is a pain in the ass :-L
  • *swallows lump in throat*

.... Lovely!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Dunno, surprisingly I don't get anything out of the video this time. Have to say I don't really like it.
    Be patient.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!