• On the 6Music website -
    Tom Robinsons show 1800 - 2000 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b039hvd1

#Goldfrapp6Music - Goldfrapp Tweet In
    Duration: 2 hours
    First broadcast: Sunday 01 September 2013

BBC Radio 6 Music
    Next Sunday 18:00
    BBC Radio 6 Music

Goldfrapp aka Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory are the latest artists to step up to Now Playing's coveted 'Tweet seat' as they control the playlist, shaped by listeners' suggestions via social media.

The duo are set to release their sixth album, 'Tales of Us', on September 9, featuring lead-off single 'Drew'.

Goldfrapp first unleashed their glam brand of electronica-dance-pop back at the start of the new millennium with 2000's ambient 'Felt Mountain'. They have since claimed an Ivor Novello Award, as well as bagging Grammy, BRIT and Mercury Prize nominations along the way.

In this Now Playing special, Alison and Will will be live in the 6 Music studios with Tom Robinson and the team, and want listeners to help them select the songs they will play over the two hours.

So what's likely to get their seal of approval and make it onto The Ultimate Goldfrapp Playlist? Maybe it's tracks from collaborators such as Tricky or Orbital for whom Alison was a guest vocalist? Perhaps it's their musical inspirations that range from John Barry to Van Halen via Kate Bush? What about celebrated remixes of their tracks by The Flaming Lips or DFA? Or maybe you simply want to hear your favourite Goldfrapp track? Get picking...
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-31 07:34:43
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 158 Comments sorted by
  • Lol....would if I could...but damn, should have bought more grapefruit!! We've put tea on hold too....and at this rate maybe we'll forget! 
  • ^ cool, will definitely tune into that :)
  • Cheers, really looking fwd to that. You just tweet to them what you'd like to hear, I guess...
  • any thoughts on what you might suggest?
  • ping said:

any thoughts on what you might suggest?

Not "Happiness" ?
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^ i would never take that song away from you, i know how you love it  :x
  • Hmm, I have something in mind.. Alison mentioned them during the "prog" show...
  • I am tuning in for that myself. Looking forward to it. Hope there is time for some chat from them too.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I'll be voting for Prince, Scott Walker, a bit of classical and some Portishead.

First two should get votes from Alison and the last two from Wiiiiiiill :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • We all like Kate Bush so Wuthering Heights would be good. 
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • "Caravan Girl", "Fly Me Away", and "Alive"
  • Alright, a radio show!  i love it when they do those, and both of them together, it should be fun.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Anything by David Bowie or Ennio Morricone as both Alison and Will like them??
  • cw36frapp said:

We all like Kate Bush so Wuthering Heights would be good. 

I never tire of this song. 

I will have to set a reminder on my phone for this, I have a serious case of toddler brain.  
  • I might vote for Selfish Cu&t, to see if they play em :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!