Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Radio 6Music 6-8pm 1st Sept #Goldfrapp6Music
  • 158 Comments sorted by
  • I MIGHT go for Let England Shake by PJ Harvey. Two reasons for me is that I think its the best "anti-war" album made in recent years and is more than relevant with things going on in the World at the moment. Secondly, would just be good to hear a great British artist mention a fellow Brit also who has been a stalwart in British music with changes in music direction and appearance etc.
    Just my opinion of course 
    ;;)
  • ^ Good to see you posting here again HB :) And I see your eyelids are all a-flutter. Or do you just have a blinking problem? ;)
  • I MIGHT go for Let England Shake by PJ Harvey. Two reasons for me is that I think its the best "anti-war" album made in recent years and is more than relevant with things going on in the World at the moment. Secondly, would just be good to hear a great British artist mention a fellow Brit also who has been a stalwart in British music with changes in music direction and appearance etc.

Just my opinion of course 
    ;;)

It's rare a political 'of the time' album manages to stand so well but that's a great choice. Was a stunner on release and still affecting now.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ^ Good to see you posting here again HB :) And I see your eyelids are all a-flutter. Or do you just have a blinking problem? ;)

Glad to be back here and the break did me some good thanks.
    As for the flutter of eyelids maybe I'm just practising for seeing Anna Calvi in a couple of weeks ;)
  • Ugh...just read that Alison was on a radio show earlier this morning and i missed it. This is the link but i can't get it to play: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b039hlz3

Can someone/anyone who can hear it, download it and repost it, so we can hear it too? Pretty please??
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

Ugh...just read that Alison was on a radio show earlier this morning and i missed it. This is the link but i can't get it to play: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b039hlz3

Can someone/anyone who can hear it, download it and repost it, so we can hear it too? Pretty please??

Here you are ma`am :)   http://www.sendspace.com/file/fugqw1
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • "Diddly, diddly, biggle baggle..." Hilarious! It's like she's speaking in tongues. It was adorable and I enjoyed Katy's show, some of those songs were great. It's nice to hear songs you haven't heard in a while, and new ones to boot. Thanks Sartori! Real sweet of you, much appreciated!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Oh im actually not at work when theyres something on. I must make the effort to learn wot its all about. Not that im slow ;-)
  • Oh great their vid on the link page wont play. Thanks samsung.
  • The link didn't work for me initially but then it did later?! Go figure. Worst case you can hear Sartori's clip above. He nicely edited the thing down to just 6minutes of all the Alison bits.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Today's the day Frappers :D
  • Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it! I assume we'll get some fun/revealing chat from A&W, as well as the song choices. I suggested a couple that are special to me, but I dunno if they'll find them of much interest.

Oh, there is some stuff about Alison's Katy Puckrick appearance over on the 'Interviews' thread.

• Get this! :D
    Just sent them my list containing 20 songs both classical and pop (Bowie, James Blak, Jonsi, Arvo Pärt and Fever Ray amongst others). Hopefully one of them makes it into their playlist. Looking forward!
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-09-01 09:09:36
    Be patient.
  • Fingers crossed for mine and a slight bizarre tummy butterfly (to hear the show) , from the ones I read on Twitter , very few are denoting an "inspiration" of any kind . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Considering how great some of the suggestions are I'd be amazed if more than one of us didn't get some success at getting things played.

Bring on 6pm!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!