Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Radio 6Music 6-8pm 1st Sept #Goldfrapp6Music
  • 158 Comments sorted by
  • Una said:

cw36frapp said:

We all like Kate Bush so Wuthering Heights would be good. 

I never tire of this song.

Very true - I can;t even begin to imagine how many times I've heard it by now and I still get that "Oooooh, must stop and listen to it again" any time I see or hear it somewhere.

That video helps, of course. My, how it helps! :\">
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Alison Goldfrapp explains what her & Will Gregory want listeners to request on the show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nowplaying/posts/Goldfrapp6music-Help-Goldfrapp-choose-the-music-for-Now-Playing
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

Alison Goldfrapp explains what her & Will Gregory want listeners to request on the show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nowplaying/posts/Goldfrapp6music-Help-Goldfrapp-choose-the-music-for-Now-Playing

Ahhhhh, now that makes great sense and is an excellent twist on things.

Off to think all over again!
  • Yes, interesting. I was gonna suggest something that might have been a source of inspiration for them, but it looks like it's ours they want. :)

Not much room on twitter for background, anecdotes etc, so... brevity is in order!

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-08-29 17:52:12

• Yes, interesting. I was gonna suggest something that might have been a source of inspiration for them, but it looks like it's ours they want. :)

Not much room on twitter for background, anecdotes etc, so... brevity is in order!

I sent mine as a short tweet and elongated eMail to cover all bases.

It's the Icelandic version of Sugarcubes "Birthday" from 1987. It opened my ears to the expressive sound of language, as opposed to just its words. Still fresh now, 25+ years later, and still means everything & nothing to me.

• Im spreading the word on Facebook but doubt there will be much of a response from my friends as they hate Goldfrapp so looks like I shall be doing this on my own  :(
  • Im spreading the word on Facebook but doubt there will be much of a response from my friends as they hate Goldfrapp so looks like I shall be doing this on my own  :(

More chance of getting your choice on air!

or there's twitlonger

HolyOwl said:

Alison Goldfrapp explains what her & Will Gregory want listeners to request on the show.

definitely need to have a rethink  :-? so much to choose from!

I need to re-read how to submit as if its bloody Twitter I dont use it. Going to have a flick through the old iPod to see what inspires me. 

I need to re-read how to submit as if its bloody Twitter I dont use it. Going to have a flick through the old iPod to see what inspires me. 

You can email them too, which is probably better as you get more space to explain your choice.

• It's the Icelandic version of Sugarcubes "Birthday" from 1987.

Wow!  The video is as amazing as the song and vocals.  Especially for 1975.  Brilliant.  I hope they choose it.
  • Prince - `Baby I`m a Star` 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sarah Mclachlan - "Do What You Have To Do". The most exquisite, divine thing that has ever graced my ears, with lyrics so incredibly vivid it brings tears to your eyes. 
  • I picked "Blue" by Joni Mitchell. I first discovered it when I was in high school. I was going through a record collection at my best friend's house and her mom had it. The whole album is just so touching..I remember singing Blue in the car later that night. It's special to me.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

I picked "Blue" by Joni Mitchell.

That is a fine album.  "California" is one of my all-time favourite songs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!