Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What's Your Favourite Goldfrapp Album - At The Mo?.
  • 107 Comments sorted by
  • I don't find Caravan Girl or it's video to be hideous or bad. Never have, never will.

• I love Caravan girl. As for the video, Compare say, Ride a white horse to Caravan girl. Exactly. There is no comparison imo.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I'm the one who doesn't like Seventh Tree (yes there's always one) and so it won't be that.

Headfirst is on constant play but Tales Of Us will replace it when it FINALLY comes out.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Tales Of Us.....
    been hard to let Supernature go to 2nd as it's been no1 for over 8 years as you can image...
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • At the moment its got to be TOU. And probably for a number of weeks. Then it will get played out equally(ish) with the rest of my Frapp collection.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Still Felt Mountain, with Tales Of Us second.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • All this pre TOU hype has made me look back at Golfrapp. So for first time I can actually list them in order best to worst. :-)

1. Black Cherry
    2. Felt Mountain (this has my favourite tracks on but BC is a better album as a whole)
    3. Tales of Us
    4. Supernature
    5. Head First
    6. Seventh Tree (yep ...last ...strangely this album has not aged well for me. Not sure why. Doesn't have a vision like the rest. It's almost caught between several styles. I even tried to re jig the tracks but couldn't do it like the others ).
  • Tales of Us is still so new, but I know that once it settles it will settle somewhere in my top 3 if not the very top.
    Let's see...
    01. Tales of Us 
    02. Supernature
    03. Seventh Tree - A beautiful, sunny album. I feel as though Tales of Us and Seventh Tree are sister seasonal albums. Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter.
    04. Black Cherry - Some truly great songs, and I get why fans say it's underrated, but it doesn't completely come together as an "album" for me. Never has.
    05. Felt Mountain - Would be MUCH higher were it not for "Oompa Radar" - which holds the distinction of being the only Goldfrapp song that I actively HATE.
    06. Head First - I kind of wish that Alison had never discussed her dislike for this album. I LOVED it when it came out and now when I listen to it all I hear is how half-hearted it sounds. :(
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • For me I don't think they will ever be able to top my love for Seventh Tree... such a gorgeous and flawless album. I Wanna Life is my favourite Frapp song, as hinted by my user name!

For me, in order, they would probably go:

1. Seventh Tree
    2. Tales Of Us
    3. Head First
    4. Black Cherry
    5. Felt Mountain
    6. Supernature 
  • Obviously "Tales" is what I'm listening to right now. I often go back to Seventh Tree and selected tracks off Black Cherry/Felt Mountain. My favorites are "Black Cherry", "Hairy Trees", "You Never Knows", "Utopia".
  • Joey said:

06. Head First - I kind of wish that Alison had never discussed her dislike for this album. I LOVED it when it came out and now when I listen to it all I hear is how half-hearted it sounds. :(

Alison dislikes Head First? :( Where did you hear this? I know she didn't like that they were being rushed by the record label.

It was the first Frapp album I bought and I Wanna Life became my instant favourite song and has remained so ever since.
  • OK guys,
    Here's my list as well...

1. Tales Of Us. Best album without any doubt. Not because it is still relatively new, but because it is just AWESOME!!!
    2. Seventh Tree. Many many many beautiful songs. Album as a whole is well balanced. Nice artwork in the booklet too.
    3. Black Cherry. Good album as well. I like the song Black Cherry vey much, but Twist is one of the best Frapp songs ever, if you ask me.
    4. Supernature. This was my first frapp experience. White horse has been superb ever since.
    5. Head First. Good music for when you are cooking, but some of the songs sound just a bit too happy for me.
    6. Felt Mountain. The songs on this album just don't get to me as much as the songs on other albums do.

BTW I got to be an "uncle" since today.....
    :) :) :)
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2013-09-14 18:37:08
  • congrats Jeronimooo <:-P :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • 01. Tales of Us
    02. Supernature
    03. Seventh Tree
    04. Felt Mountain
    05. Black Cherry
    06. Head First

Joey said:

6. Head First - I kind of wish that Alison had never discussed her dislike for this album. I LOVED it when it came out and now when I listen to it all I hear is how half-hearted it sounds. :(

^ THIS
    Post edited by Vesper at 2013-09-14 19:49:56
  • Yeah, Alison said something to the effect that she wished they had given the songs to somebody else instead of releasing them as Goldfrapp.
    Post edited by Joey at 2013-09-14 20:18:19
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!