Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • Managed to get first class train tickets to Bristol today for the price of normal tickets. Next Sunday is going to be so much fun!!
    Post edited by alex_f at 2013-06-14 20:33:38
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Just realised got a few gigs that week.

Goldfrapp in Bristol

Frankie Valli & Four Season in London

KT Tunstall in Lemmington Spa

• Crikey. I go on holiday for a week and deliberately switch my phone off so I can't be bothered by the 'net and come back to find a new board, new album and a NEW gig. luckily it doesn't seem to be sold out and I appear to have ordered a ticket, just waiting nervously for the confirmation e-mail (cue nail chewing for the next 24 hours....)

"its MY favourite song"
  • Surprising that this tiny intimate gig apparears not to have sold out, but the massive ones have gone in seconds. I wish I could make it. I jest but does it have anything to do with the area being allegedly a crack den as others are suggesting ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Cant find any car parks around. So unless we can park in the grounds as google street map implies there is nowhere else to park other than the police compound opposite. And I guess if my car ends up in there the parking release fee will be about in excess of £100. :((
  • Judging from Daisy's Twitter it would seem she's on tour with another band, so i wonder who's going to fill in?
  • oh god, there's not still frigging tickets left is there? its getting harder and harder not to buy one....  :-SS
    and now dc says he's driving there and back in a night i feel like a bit of a woosy for thinking that i cant... oh no... what to do...what to do.... 
    ~X(
  • BigBird said:

Cant find any car parks around. So unless we can park in the grounds as google street map implies there is nowhere else to park other than the police compound opposite. And I guess if my car ends up in there the parking release fee will be about in excess of £100. :((

I`ll ask my mate who lives in Bristol . I`ve already "trampified" my car so any car thieves will break into yours first and slip a fiver under my windscreen wiper :D
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-15 04:49:11
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • £7 coach ticket has made this feel SLIGHTLY less extravagant...

Do it ping, go ahn go ahn go ahn go ahn... Etc.
  • makin me jealous, damn why can't I go :(

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • ticket confirmation arrived :)

I will be driving from norwich and back that day if anyone needs a lift. I usually go across country via oxford. pm me if you aren't too far off the route.

st Phillips is fairly shitty urban decay so I will probably park somewhere central and get a bus/cab
    "its MY favourite song"
  • ping said:

oh god, there's not still frigging tickets left is there? its getting harder and harder not to buy one....  :-SS

and now dc says he's driving there and back in a night i feel like a bit of a woosy for thinking that i cant... oh no... what to do...what to do.... 
    ~X(

Of all the tired and lazy ways I`ve lead my life , minimum effort for exams , picking a career , bumbling along for many years and then not progressing my career , the only regrets I have are for gigs I`ve been to indecisive/lazy to get off my arse to attend .* ZZTop `87 , Shamen `98 , Guns and Roses `85 , Bruce Springsteen `86 , saw Live Aid but only because I was nagged into going .......

Good stories never start with "There was that time I almost saw Goldfrapp in Bristol but I decided to watch Songs of Praise instead , had a cup of coffee and a couple of Hobknobs as I recall" ......you need a story that goes "There was that time I went to Bristol to see Goldfrapp , jesus , there were combine harvesters lining the road , with country bumpkins drinking scrumpy with scarecrow hats , the gig blew me away , Alison looked like a GMTV fitness Goddess in pink spandex and we danced until our legs were stumps , I used up all my money and had to live on food bought from.......Aldis (dont judge me) and cardboard for a week but it was worth it"...you get the gist  

* I`m getting old , some of those dates might be a little out ....too lazy to check ;)  
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ....................says he that hasn`t asked...er told...er asked his wife yet haha
  • Sartori said:

....................says he that hasn`t asked...er told...er asked his wife yet haha

lol, I'm sure she will understand :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I really nearly got tickets and then remembered my mums dragging me to go and see Frankie Valli that night... No one else would go with her... Fun times!!

You'll be singing along with the rest....you know it! :D

Do you know what, I probably will, we're front row so I'd feel a bit of a lemon just sat there!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!