Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • No, they haven't even sent out any updates yet after they said they were going to, i'm guessing that all won't start until after the albums released.
  • That seems the case, yes. They're too busy finishing up with the album release and whatnot, it's perfectly understandable. I don't mind waiting!
  • Just pre-ordered box! I'm so happy. How quick have you received your confirmation e-mail from Sandbag? I'm checking my e-mail and there is no any info yet...
  • Deluxe box set?????  What is it (apart from being a deluxe box set)?  As far as I know, this is the first I've heard of it.  I just looked through the posts on this thread, but can't see any explanation.
  • ping said:

Thank you for that Ping.

Several things give me pause over it:
    1. At £65 it seems rather expensive.  Moreover, it looks as though there's about a tenner's worth of postage and packing in addition, which brings it up to around £75, which is even more expensive.
    2. It contains several things I won't want.  Since it's released in November, I'll have already bought the CD, and won't need a second copy.  I don't want the vinyl album.
    3. It seems to give very little information on the package.  What, for example, is on the bonus CD?  I've played the bonus CD from the Black Cherry deluxe album once, and once only.  I'm suspicious of things about which I'm told so little.
    4. As a (presumably) 12 inch square boxed set it won't fit on a CD shelf.  I foresee it (should I buy the thing) joining other boxed sets on a high shelf from which I rarely pull any of them down.

I'm curious about the bonus CD, but I doubt whether I'm £75's worth of curious about it.
  • I'm also disappointed that it seems the short films won't be on the DVD. Kind of a waste to only include the album mixed in 5-point whatever on it considering the films are supposed to be a pretty important element of this release.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Pet said:

ping said:

Thank you for that Ping.

Several things give me pause over it:
    1. At £65 it seems rather expensive.  Moreover, it looks as though there's about a tenner's worth of postage and packing in addition, which brings it up to around £75, which is even more expensive.
    2. It contains several things I won't want.  Since it's released in November, I'll have already bought the CD, and won't need a second copy.  I don't want the vinyl album.
    3. It seems to give very little information on the package.  What, for example, is on the bonus CD?  I've played the bonus CD from the Black Cherry deluxe album once, and once only.  I'm suspicious of things about which I'm told so little.
    4. As a (presumably) 12 inch square boxed set it won't fit on a CD shelf.  I foresee it (should I buy the thing) joining other boxed sets on a high shelf from which I rarely pull any of them down.

I'm curious about the bonus CD, but I doubt whether I'm £75's worth of curious about it.

I pretty much agree with that. I do not have much money to spare at the mo anyway. If there was a T-Shirt with it i then would have had to get it. My Supernature one is never off my back. The Alison drawings one i got from the concert at Manchester Academy 2010 is just kept as a souvenir. The normal cd i have already ordered from Sainsburys. So there is no way i am getting the boxset even though i am a MASSIVE Frapper.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Joey said:

I'm also disappointed that it seems the short films won't be on the DVD. Kind of a waste to only include the album mixed in 5-point whatever on it considering the films are supposed to be a pretty important element of this release.

Is that right?  Is it just an audio DVD?  Crumbs!
  • "Supposed" is conjecture m'lud
    Sustained
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I have a feeling they (Mute?) still don't know what exactly is going to be on/in there... 
    Surprise, surprise!
    Be patient.
  • Just had an update piccy through. Suspect it's still a work in progress...

"Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I'd buy that in the blink of eye! AHAHAH
  • These are actually for sale from a place called "5 Sprouts" , which coincidentally is how many I'm allowed in one meal.
  • Just dipping in, wonder what is happening with the films?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!