Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • Your deluxe box set is waiting for you
  • Is it safe to assume that the first batch of 500 is sold out?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It would be surprising if it wasn't. Just a few days ago Carpy mentioned calling Sandbag and they mentioned they had sold 440 pre-orders? I believe that was either the day they went on sale or shortly afterwards. Might have gotten my facts mixed up but nonetheless they ought to post an update on the store if the signed copies are gone. Wouldn't be fair to those thinking they got a signed copy thanks to faulty advertising  :-S
  • Slippage said:

It would be surprising if it wasn't. Just a few days ago Carpy mentioned calling Sandbag and they mentioned they had sold 440 pre-orders? I believe that was either the day they went on sale or shortly afterwards. Might have gotten my facts mixed up.

No, you're spot on. Thanks for remembering I'd posted that. Much appreciated.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Thanks, guys. Was replying to someone's post in a different forum. Wanted to make sure I was as close to the facts as possible.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Slippage said:

No problem. It's bleak news for many, but hopefully there's still a few left to be claimed, or Alison & Will are able to sneak a few extras in...  [-O<
    Post edited by Slippage at 2013-06-15 14:41:56
  • Slippage said:

Slippage said:

No problem. It's bleak news for many, but hopefully there's still a few left to be claimed, or Alison & Will are able to sneak a few extras in...  [-O<

Hopefully they will increase that number to 2000. 
  • Boxset seems to have disappeared from the store (again)
  • rewak said:

Boxset seems to have disappeared from the store (again)

Back again!
  • Why do they keep doing this?
  • Also I'm wondering why they haven't revealed the songs lengths yet. Saving that for phase 2 maybe?

• Low said:

Also I'm wondering why they haven't revealed the songs lengths yet. Saving that for phase 2 maybe?

I honestly don't think that's important.

As much as I love an epic track (ie the Little Bird iTunes version) things like Clowns or Eat Yourself are just 4min.

You never quite know which ones are going to hit the spot more.......
  • Low said:

Also I'm wondering why they haven't revealed the songs lengths yet. Saving that for phase 2 maybe?

I honestly don't think that's important.

As much as I love an epic track (ie the Little Bird iTunes version) things like Clowns or Eat Yourself are just 4min.

You never quite know which ones are going to hit the spot more.......

I know, I was just curious :P

• What I'd like to know is the names of remixers chosen for Annabel.
  • Alan said:

What I'd like to know is the names of remixers chosen for Annabel.

I hope there's no remixes at all for the TOU era.

For the style it seems like it's going to be that just wouldn't work. Much rather have longer/different versions done by themselves or stripped back ones etc.

For a faster album like Supernature or Head First remixes by external artists were not only a great idea but a lot were excellent.

Not for TOU though, hopefully.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!