Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
New Website Experience
  • this is mentioned in the 'app' thread but thought i'd highlight it for anyone thats not reading that one... check out the new EXPERIENCE option on the main website. some lovely pictures that you can play with and also sounds which alter as you select parts of the picture. a very nice bit of fun.
    i think the plan is some of the pictures people take with the new app may get used in this.

edit: you can select four sections on each picture and there's a different sound for each selection you make.
    Post edited by ping at 2013-08-13 14:44:35
  • 62 Comments sorted by
  • I'm wondering if it's possible to use all 16 samples/sounds to make one big ambient Goldfrapp track/thing? Might be tough to include everything as ones like the horse and the wild wind might swamp everything.

Still, I've got them as mp3's archived away and am very tempted to have a play around. It's a bit of fun if nothing else!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • beep boop

glitchy gif overlay of alison
    and another one

the other ones are just scribbles
  • Is this like the Fisher Price toy I had as a child? If not Im not looking at it (yet).
  • ooooh i like it!
  • I like the idea but I hope they'll add more features. for example, you can change the size of the 4 spots (discs) on the picture, but it would make more sense if it would also affect on the sample length or intensity. And also I'd like to be able to watch the pictures without the spinning circle too, cause some are really great
  • The way you can activate the four sounds, then remove some, means you can customise how it sounds on each of the four pages. Just trying to work out if the position or size of the circles alters the triggering on the timing or not.

Either way it's four lovely little sound loops AND you get to tweak these!
  • ...it would make more sense if it would also affect on the sample length or intensity.

yes! i assumed this was the case at first and was slightly disappointed when it wasn't
  • Think my favourite sound set so far is the first one - whistling, horses, piano & weird tape-loop-thing
  • ^ me too :)
  • Actually, on sticking with it for a while, it's more like the Throbbing Gristle "Buddha Machine" meets a Brian Eno ambient project.

Because the sounds are different lengths and all keep looping you get some different timings as it plays on which just shifts it in very subtle ways.

• If you want maximum spooky atmosphere go for scene 1 with only Alison-Whistle (#1) and Tape-Loop (#4)

For plain Future Sound Of London weird try scene 3 with only Alison-Wooing (#3) and Tiny-Blip (#4)

(these are made up names cos I've not an eartlys what you'd call some of them!)

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-08-13 17:03:14
  • FUN!! :D
    "its MY favourite song"
  • have'nt looked yet but what'can you do on this experience?
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Throbbing Gristle

spooky

That just made me find a long lost BRM track I had........

the 'Experience' is quite fun........ :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • i love this....creepy scary enchanting.....all of the screens 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!