Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Tattoos
  • Have any of you got one. I have made a enquiry about having one done. They will do it so its just about me having a day available. Be when the kids are back in school.And when i am not working. I am having the logo done down the lower half of my arm. I am using the logo off the poster that came with the Fly me away cd single. I was meant to be having it done years ago.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • 45 Comments sorted by
  • i have 5 leaves from the inside of the Black Cherry album booklet tattooed on my arm in the colours from inside the booklet. The songs from Black Cherry were the first Goldfrapp songs i ever heard, and each leaf resembles each time i saw them on the Seventh Tree tour - which was the first tour i ever saw the band live
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • there was a guy at Manchester with the dancing deers on his fore arm. I liked it but Una said I couldn't have it!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • ^ oh yeah! id forgotten about him! they were ace.

I haven't got any Goldfrapp tattoos, but I do have 3 others and would like some more.. certainly wouldn't rule out a Frapp themed addition ;)

• No lie, I've seriously considered it... But exactly what to get I can't decide on.... Wish I'd thought of the leaves idea
  • I really love the look of the "Goldfrapp" logo (anything later than Supernature era but Tales Of Us seems to have alot more crispness to it). Planning on one day having it tattooed onto either my right arm or right leg. Also was thinking of having the lyrics to "Road To Somewhere" tattooed around my ankle in a bracelet pattern. That song means everything to me.
  • I like tattoos,  and have a few, I might get an owl at some point, not specifically because of Goldfrapp, just it goes with a theme never completed and I have considered for some time I should get an owl, this thread has got me thinking of it more and more now
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I've considered getting "and all the poems written in your skin" in some form.

It's a gorgeous line and fits becoming a tattoo both directly and indirectly.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Yes that does seem an appropriate text for a tattoo, personally I am not that keen on text tattoos but can sure appreciate them on others.

In regard to Goldfrapp tattoos can anyone please enlighten me as to the meaning of the symbol Alison has tattooed on one of her fingers please??? Thanks ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I've considered getting "and all the poems written in your skin" in some form.

didn't we have a drunken conversation about this Carpy?  But not so drunk we actually went and got matching tattoos!

@B_M http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/what-tattoos-does-alison-goldfrapp-have/3493395 not that it really helps much.  IO'm sure others know more
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

I've considered getting "and all the poems written in your skin" in some form.

didn't we have a drunken conversation about this Carpy?  But not so drunk we actually went and got matching tattoos!

We did have a natter about it, didn't we? We may have been drunk on cake at the time.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • :D
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Thanks Tweety and Halloween Jack, I did think it looks like it has some kind of mystic/occultist symbolism, but I don't know how much we are suppossed to read into it, cool she has had it all those years and quite hardcore that it was a DIY job when she was 13!!!!

That would have been a sight to behold if Tweety and Carpathian drunk on cake went and got the same Goldfrapp tattoos ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • tweety said:

there was a guy at Manchester with the dancing deers on his fore arm. I liked it but Una said I couldn't have it!

There's almost nothing less sexy on a man than a tattoo.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

There's a similar line from Lucrecia's version of "Youkali": "...son las promesas que escribí en tu piel."
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!