Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4413 Comments sorted by
  • Jean-Michel Jarre - Zoolook
    Ethnicolor I

I remember hearing it on the radio somewhere in the 80s. So it took me 20-25 years to learn who's author

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • FKA twigs - "How's That"

FKA twigs - "Water Me"

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Sartori said:

Yo MD , it pinged to my FB page as well . I love the live version of it that they did in the BBC studios (along with the other 2 tracks) that they did for Huw Stephens .

Thanks for posting the official video @Sartori, I think that the video improves the track.  The production values are top class (really well mixed in my opinion).  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • LuDux said:

Jean-Michel Jarre - Zoolook
    Ethnicolor
    I remember hearing it on the radio somewhere in the 80s. So it took me 20-25 years to learn who's author

@LuDux my play count for Ethnicolor must be reaching 1000, it is in my top 10 favourite songs of all time.  I first heard it during the television screening of Rendez-Vous Houston (however that version is edited).  A few years later I heard the full version and its one of very few songs that gave me goosebumps on first listen.  I love the fact that so many of us have such similar tastes in music.  It seems that Goldfrapp is the missing link that transcends all genres.  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • The sea, the majestic sea

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • LuDux said:

Jean-Michel Jarre - Zoolook
    Ethnicolor

@LuDux my play count for Ethnicolor must be reaching 1000, it is in my top 10 favourite songs of all time.  I first heard it during the television screening of Rendez-Vous Houston (however that version is edited).  A few years later I heard the full version and its one of very few songs that gave me goosebumps on first listen.  I love the fact that so many of us have such similar tastes in music.  It seems that Goldfrapp is the missing link that transcends all genres.  :)

It's because they have similar esthetics and attitudes and sometimes similar album sleeves
    Before Myspace redesign Goldfrapp were among JMJ's top friends
  • Finally got chance to listen to the first three releases in Demdike Stare's "Testpressing" series, #001 to #003

All three, it seems, are stunning!

I'd heard the drop on "Dyslogy" was something special but blimey, that's a stunner indeed. Even after 4mins of pure build it just slays it for the rest. Big, dark & heavy like a portal to the mid-90's heavy acid.

You Dancing Deers of a certain age need to clear a space & press play.

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-08-07 15:51:32
  • i watched Uncle Buck earlier. i love this song!

Rhythm of Life - Hugh Harris
  • Model 500 - Deep Space 
    The Flow

• LuDux said:

Model 500 - Deep Space 
    The Flow

Oh, excellent stuff - Juan Atkins!

If it hadn't been for him, Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson then I wonder how techno would have turned out being led only from the German side?
  • To commemorate the 1000th post(dear god is it really that already) it is only right that it is this esp as I have been listening to the Harp recently.

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Nice choice for the milestone - that was a lovely night out for sure!
  • ok i'm the only one who cares but i've got new 2NE1 on repeat. do you love me~

i like it better than their last single. i love the production, lots of great little bits in there. but i don't think it touches their absolute best (i love you)
  •  

The latest (well, recent) Alice in Chains album,The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. It's not half bad.

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • Nice, but it's no 4Minute ;)

(Don't get me started on my crush on HyunA and her flame haired loveliness)
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-08-07 17:10:58

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!