Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
MOJO - Abum of the month
  • Rumour has it it's reviewed as album of the month. New issue out tomorrow.
    Who would be so kind to buy and confirm/scan? ;)

>>> http://www.mojo4music.com/magazine/

Plus, some video updates:
    "GOLDFRAPP’S BROADLY EPONYM-THEMED new album, Tales Of Us (see review in MOJO 238), is accompanied by a series of stylish black and white films by Lisa Gunning in which Alison Goldfrapp has appeared as both an axe-murder and a murder victim (Jo) and now for the song Drew in a sort of sexually charged art-pop Brideshead Revisited, pensively remembering naked romps and spring woodland in a now empty stately home."
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-07-29 12:10:54
    Be patient.
  • 37 Comments sorted by
  • Wow, I might even pick up a copy if this turns out to be true, thanks for the Heads Up Holy Owl ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Yes, it gets four stars.

Double page spread (pp84-85).

Reviewer David Hutcheon compares it to Scott Walker's "Scott 4", which as anyone knows, is a compliment.
  • Four still means most hardcore frappers will be giving it 5 ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • So here we have the first 4 stars for the poster campaign. ;)
    Be patient.
  • Yes, it gets four stars.

Double page spread (pp84-85).

Reviewer David Hutcheon compares it to Scott Walker's "Scott 4", which as anyone knows, is a compliment.

Straight to YT to listen to Scott 4. Yes, I can see it, definitely. Alison also plays Scott Walker when she DJs (Blue Room) I think....

• Looks a good issue anyway, with the Sub-Pop CD and Nine Inch Nails feature too.

Count me in!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Ah wonderful :)

Hope the like of Q and NME follow suit.....

Can't wait to read the new Mojo now!
  • will definitely be checking this out  :D
  • chokka said:

Hope the like of Q and NME follow suit.....

Also hoping for a nice cover shoot/story with either CLASH or Notion mag!!
    Would be rad and even make a lot of sense since the whole concept of the album is telling (a) story/ies and offers a lot of opportunities for pages filled with gorgeous photo series concerning each person/song, accompanying interviews. Wishful thinking....
    Be patient.
  • er... when's the album out again? Great it's getting positive reviews but not going to help the whole leak 'thingy' is it?

Is that not a bit crazy, a review over a month before release date? I mean most non Goldfrapp fans will maybe have more chance of picking up the album due to all the hype, but for fans is this not just torture.

Should start selling Purity Rings for those who want to resist the 'urge' to hear it! :-/

• er... when's the album out again? Great it's getting positive reviews but not going to help the whole leak 'thingy' is it?

Is that not a bit crazy, a review over a month before release date? I mean most non Goldfrapp fans will maybe have more chance of picking up the album due to all the hype, but for fans is this not just torture.

Should start selling Purity Rings for those who want to resist the 'urge' to hear it! :-/

lmao! That's impossible (for some), us dirty dirty heathens. But yeah mute + Goldrapp is usually cock up, thought things would change now EMI are out of the picture.
  • Maybe it's all a test for the Twilight crowd. ;)

• Cant bring myself to buy that magazine. Ill have to have a flick in the newsagents
  • thathurt said:

Cant bring myself to buy that magazine. Ill have to have a flick in the newsagents

tut tut. illegal 'eye' download alert! ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!