Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • Sorry, felt all Cabaret.
  • folklore said:

Sorry, felt all Cabaret.

CABARET! !"! I'm sending Lionel Blair over to sort you out with his best Ray Winstone impersonation

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-26 20:35:10
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Not feeling particularly jazzy at the moment, but I did get a 6-point jozzy while playing Alan Bingo early this morning.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Sartori said:

folklore said:

Sorry, felt all Cabaret.

CABARET! !"! I'm sending Lionel Blair over to sort you out with his best Ray Winston's impersonation

Really wouldn't mind. Have had several inexplicable dreams about Lionel Blair over the years.
  • Jazz hell for you then ; next.. ;)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Jazz Hell. Sounds like a Gaga single.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • This album is exceptionally strong....
  • This could be their best album....Holy fuck.
  • I need lyrics/interpretations to consider it stronger than this. I believe my english is good, but Alison eats every words she sings.
    Post edited by Vesper at 2013-07-27 10:52:38
  • Vesper said:

I need lyrics/interpretations to consider it stronger than this. I believe my english is good, but Alison eats every words she sings.

Haha she really does. Like Cocteau Twins, it's part of her trademark sound. :) Sometimes, though, I'm disappointed when I read Goldfrapp lyrics because what I imagined she was singing was so much better than it actually is. :)
    Post edited by Joey at 2013-07-27 10:58:51
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Yeah that's one of the things why I love Goldfrapp.

I wanna know where Alison took her inspirations for lyrics. We already know about Annabel, Simone, (Stranger,) Laurel and Clay. Are Simone and Laurel true stories ? Laurel is the one that intrigues me the most.

I think Tales of Us is the most rich and the most mature album they did. It is also the least electronic. 7th Tree had more synths in it and was more pop above all.
  • If I may, I'd like to apologize to @Stranger. Nothing in this world could spoil the sheer brilliance of every second of this utterly iconic, flawless album.

Btw, Stranger is my favorite song of theirs' to date.
  • I find it peculiar that when I hear the song you, stranger, are briefly in my mind. but then you chose your name before any of us knew the track listing. its the ultimate spoiler ;)

:D
    well played
    "its MY favourite song"
  • [double pot]
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-07-27 12:04:33
    "its MY favourite song"

• If it leaks...
    (Also great idea for a cover)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!