Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hammersmith Apollo - 1st Nov 2013 - Who went ?
  • 281 Comments sorted by
  • true L sooner have standing any day, seating don't like..... 
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Im not going to see much with my poor eyesight then :(

Dont understand why this is seated this time, doesnt make sense??

• jozzy81 said:

true L sooner have standing any day, seating don't like..... 

No one actually sits down , which doesn`t help shorter people now stood behind taller people as they can`t go anywhere else . The upstairs (as I recall) has a steeper gradient to it . Saw Erasure there on the Phantasmorigical Tour in 90 summat sat the back of downstairs it was still great . I sat upstairs to see the Cramps in 86 , which was also greeeaaat , its like a shrunk version of Brixton Academy .

As HJ points out , the balcony overhangs the downstairs so its not really binocular length , not near I grant you but not stupidly far back .

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-26 09:55:44
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • hmm, i think i will need to see about the disabled seating. Or i could just clear a space with me crutches.
  • Not unless its been advertised wrong for example, when we booked to see Paloma Faith February this year it stated seated. Couple of months before the gig we got an email saying this was incorrect and should have been standing (not the balcony) so would we like to swap tickets. Of course we did.
    On that occasion I can't remember if it was the venues fault or the promoters as they just blamed each other!
    Point being, who knows but perhaps similar thing here and end up being standing due to high demand?? After all, we all know when Goldfrapp play somebody mucks them about (record company etc).
    Just my thoughts anyway :-B
  • I'm going. :)
    Music Junkie
  • @Bells But does the Hammersmith maybe have fixed seating? (I don't know - just wondering.)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-26 13:20:10
  • I thought it did, I'll be gladly corrected though.
    There are specific standing areas at the rear of up and downstairs , I don't know if these are standing tickets or allocated to the first to.stand there.
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • It doesn't. I've been to stuff there before where there haven't been any seats in at all.
  • I am gladly corrected :)
  • :D

"its MY favourite song"
  • My mate runs the joint (front of house) and she has said the frapp show is def seated, but as mentioned on this thread, sometimes things do indeed change. And perhaps I should continue to express our concern about it ;)
  • can we just have a VIP standing area down the front for us Laura? if we go in the pit we wont disturb anyone....
    "its MY favourite song"
  • yeah i'm with Tweety on that 1.... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • They may be going for seated venues for the autumn tour as they did with the 'Seventh Tree' gigs (well, initially anyway). The first part of the set will be mostly new songs and when they play 'Number 1', that will be the cue for everyone to get on their feet and dance like there's no tomorrow.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!