Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • ^ very sensible :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • @Low My feelings exactly!  I do like to listen to an album in full before I actually purchase it, and I can't wait for my CD and vinyl copy of 'Tales of Us'.
  • Exactly! Glad there's other like-minded people.
    And let's not forget the box set, the films, and the touring... there's so much more to come. I hope Alison and Will aren't too upset with the album leak, because there's plenty more left in this era. It doesn't all end with a leak. :)

• :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Well, i have the leak, and what a BRILLIANT album!

I have also placed an order for a physical copy, and i can't wait to hear it again in the best quality possible as the leak is a bit "flat" sounding.

I was always going to buy it anyway.
  • That's reasonable.
  • Low said:

Vesper said:

7th Tree should have been a lesson, but nope. TOU didn't leak three months before, but one month and a half though... Can't remember exactly when Head First leaked ? 2 weeks before ?

Leaks are just inevitable today, unfortunately. Even if it won't prevent us from buying the album, the pleasure/surprise is not really the same (for Goldfrapp). But well, that's how the world goes today : we want everything now or never. It is sad, but it is like that.

But at least nothing can beat the feeling of when you physically have the album in your hands, and hear it in the quality it was intended to be heard in. :)

Oh yeah! I'm old fasion, I like to have the CD of the albums I have, I make a copy for my iPod and that's it, but I always purchase the originals :)
    I get the disappointment, I think she wanted to give us the album experience like it should be, in HQ and when the time is indicated, but this is like hiding a present from a child, some of us were dying of curiosity.
    Don't feel bad Alison, the real fans won't let you down, we'll always be there buying the originals, going to your shows and giving you support! ;)
  • pretty damn quite in here today....guilty feelings from mama frapp tweets?  
    i totally get it......it's pretty sad from an artist stand point that their Art was destroyed with horrible compression and re-EQ'ing just so us selfish little frappbastards can hear what we're longing for......i'm not regretting hearing what the tracks'  potentials are....but regretting i heard them in such a fucked up format.....deleted and waiting for the real thing....i have the live videos nabbed from youtube to enjoy until the official release....
  • I'd presume that the silence is likely a result of one of the following: 1) everyone who wants it already has it; 2) everyone's finally realized that there is no leak.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Guilt .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-26 20:09:18
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • iuventus said:

I'd presume that the silence is likely a result of one of the following: 1) everyone who wants it already has it; 2) everyone's finally realized that there is no leak.

:-*
  • Sartori said:

Guilt .

that's what i'm thinking ..... 
  • Fo' realz? Why do something you're just gonna feel all stoopit about later?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-26 20:14:50
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Fo' realz? Why do something you're just gonna feel all stoopit about later?

Guilt but only because Alison called her disappointment out. Or insincere self justifying "guilt" just for the board; certainly not to avoid jazz hands hell anyway haha

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • JAZZHANDS!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!