Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • Carpy, you better listen to "Anxiety" by Ladyhawke. You will be deaf in 1 hour.

Look at this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87812837@N06/8034889523/ :O
  • I thought nothing would beat Rubin's butchering of Sabbath but blimey - she wins/loses that one!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Kiyuri said:

You know I watched Ep 3 on ITV recently. They CUT the bit where Vader's all on fire. I loved that bit!

How can you have watched Ep 3?  There are only 3 Star Wars films... Parts IV, V and VI.  ;)  lol
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • wodny said:

Carpy, you better listen to "Anxiety" by Ladyhawke. You will be deaf in 1 hour.

Look at this:

I've always thought it could be a bit heavy on the ears, but wow- that's shocking!
    Such a shame too as there are some brilliant tunes on that album, but it's hard to properly listen to them unless you want to lose a bit of your hearing by the time you reach the end of track 10.
    Distortion and compression do NOT go well together.

• wodny said:

Carpy, you better listen to "Anxiety" by Ladyhawke. You will be deaf in 1 hour.

Look at this:

Jesu H. Goldfrapp , I`m getting ear fatigue just looking at it .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Is this damn thing out yet? I'm running out of death metal to walk to work to.
  • Kiyuri said:

Is this damn thing out yet? I'm running out of death metal to walk to work to.

Death metal is soooo last thing.

You want heavy psychedelic folk doom more than you realise.
  • Wow. I'm back to discussing compression and sound quality. It seems kindergarten opened early today and here I was thinking it was still vacation.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • The_Carpathian said: Kiyuri said:Is this damn thing out yet? I'm running out of death metal to walk to work to.

Death metal is soooo last thing.

You want heavy psychedelic folk doom more than you realise.

That'll have to wait. I just got me the entire discography of a Witch House/Electronic artist named
    Mr.Kitty.

It genuinely was the name that drew me in too.
  • Stranger said:

Wow. I'm back to discussing compression and sound quality. It seems kindergarten opened early today and here I was thinking it was still vacation.

:(
  • The album is damn beautiful. I just listened to it twice in my car while I was driving in Paris, wow.

However, I still think they made a mistake performing the album before release... On one hand some seem to sound greater live (Ulla, Alvar), on another hand some seem to sound greater studio (Annabel, Stranger). Well, I don't think it is really a mistake but a risk at least... Let's see in October at Trianon, even if it won't be with the same orchestra !
    Post edited by Vesper at 2013-07-25 18:59:39
  • Carp: KG comment about rant before the waveform talk. #sarcasm.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • I sure hope that, if it really has been leaked, whomever did the leaking (sounds like a disease) gets blacklisted.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-25 20:17:01
  • Stranger said:

Wow. I'm back to discussing compression and sound quality. It seems kindergarten opened early today and here I was thinking it was still vacation.

The compression should be obvious to any long-time fan; the volume, the underdone quality. Alison will be putting this disk back into the microwave for a bit longer.
  • I couldn't hold my curiosity and I just heard the album, and I think it's very melancholic (Thea is everything @Stranger said, he's 100% correct).

I feel that the center of the album is Clay, that song has a little bit of every other track, it's the gem of the album, and it's the perfect track to close it. I fell in love with it immediately.
    Overall, it's a very mature album, in my opinion, it feels like they took the time to make this record very neatly, maybe way too neatly.

It's my first impression, I need to hear it more times and assimilate it.
    Post edited by MrTemper at 2013-07-26 02:40:12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!