Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 60 Comments sorted by
  • loving kindness

Clever.

I had to double-check that by acts, the OP meant artists.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I LOVE this track. Blew me away seeing them this year at Shepherds Bush and hope they do another album. Enjoy Myth by Beach House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1LuYlTD_4Q L-)
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2013-07-05 18:18:44
  • Cyndi Lauper.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • iamamiwhoami
    Grace Jones
    Kate Bush
    Pizzicato 5 (no longer exist)
    Patrick Watson
    Tori Amos
    Portishead
    Woodkid
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Royksopp
    Seven Lions
    Mitis 
    Caro Emerald
    Eric Prydz
    Kraak et Smaak
    Faithless/Sister Bliss/Dido
    Empire of the Sun
    Dinka
    Deadmau5
    Coldplay
    OMD
    MGMT
    John Dahlback
    2ManyDJs
    Feed Me
    Audien
    Lemaitre
    Daft Punk
    Linkin Park
    Dirty South
    Killers
    Michael Woods
    Porter Robinson
    Zedd
    Morgan Page
    Chvrches

They played this live with Robyn & Annelli Drecker at Shepherds Bush a few years back , my life was complete , I had been to the best gig of my life
    Royksopp - I Wanna Know
    leaving out most groups that have split etc
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-23 10:37:34
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • the stranglers
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Empire Of The Sun
  •  

From the "Oh yeah, they hang around this Forum as well but they're not like the rest of us" corner...

Best Band In The History Of The World, Like, EVER:

Rush, consistently pushing the boundaries for over forty years, and their last two albums - as fellow Forum member Duncan recently noted - are still raising the bar.

Best "Local" Band When I Was Growing Up:

Mott The Hoople, and especially the solo work of Ian Hunter - like Rush, in the last few years the old bloke has hit a bit of an Indian Summer.

Best Artist Of The Last Twenty Years:

Steven Wilson - No Man, Porcupine Tree, Blackfield (well, until Geffen started taking over), Storm Corrosion... Just utter class. The finest contemporary progressive music there is. When I were a young shaver in love with all things heavy metal, my mates would rib me about liking Japan. And yet, these many years past, Richard Barbieri has been tinkling the ivories plastic for the Tree.

At the end of May I saw Rush (for the umptysomethingth time), in October I will be seeing Wilson perform his latest solo work (with Nick Beggs of Kajagoogoo in his band), and a few weeks later I see the reformed Mott (for the second time). All this and the Fragrant Miss G. has a record out that sounds at last like what we fell in love with her for in the first place. It's good to be alive (today anyway).

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • Marilyn Manson and Rammstein

I especially like their early stuff. Lately, they've been quite disappointing and unoriginal.
  • It's John Grant's birthday today. Feel free to smother him with birthday wishes. He deserves it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Is he on twitter?
  • He might be, he's probably the kind of person that makes a compilation, oh let's call it a mixtape for someone who seens to be interested in something like that, but he just might be a bit bit disappointed if said person wouldn't let him know even he thought it was crap. Because tastes differ. He could take that. He's a big boy....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Wow! I don't remember Brendan Perry being such a miserable fuck in the 80s/90s. He did say something blatantly insulting to the audience when I saw DCD in North Carolina in 2012. Still, I totally adore him, and I nearly worship Lisa Gerrard.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Depeche Mode - Halo

My favourite song even before Goldfrapp remixed it.  The excitement that my favourite band was going to remix my favourite song was almost too much to handle.  I have chosen the original version as some Goldfrapp fans may not know what it was meant to sound like:

Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Sartori said:

Royksopp...

They played this live with Robyn & Annelli Drecker at Shepherds Bush a few years back , my life was complete , I had been to the best gig of my life

Very tempted to agree - I was on the barrier at this gig and it was truly an amazing experience as was Robyn and Dreckers' voice - mind blowing - the only downer was the effing press who were in the pit (and it's a low stage) for the entire show - bastards!  At least it got me into Robyn and later, seeing her at Heaven/G.A.Y sent a shockwave through my mind, body and everything else.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!