Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • Sartori: the stream sounds breathtaking even though it's not cd quality so it is not unmastered.
    Also: turning watermarked files into any other file and normalizing it will not remove the watermark. Not even remotely.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-25 07:54:13
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • This album has a lot of dynamics in it. Quieter parts, louder parts, meticulously executed to create a flow.
    Compressing it like this gets rid of that. I highly doubt that is something Goldfrapp would do. They even perform it accordingly.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-25 07:53:38
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • internet encourages questionable music distribution. gasp.
    "its MY favourite song"
  • (ate words)
    Post edited by LolliCruz at 2013-07-25 08:12:37
  • 'controlled leak' ...very hard to do when you get to my age ;-)
  • 'controlled leak' ...very hard to do when you get to my age ;-)

LOL hahahahahahahahaha!!!  :D
  • I'm beginning to think the final was remastered to a "bigger sound" as suggested earlier.
    It's either that or somebody took the effort to do some serious Dynamic Compression throughout ten tracks.
    Hmmm. *scratches head* 
    Will wait until boxset comes to hear physical copy...
  • Okay apparently the cat's entirely out of the bag now.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • It is. But it's not the final cat. There is a 320 file in there of Drew with the bird ending. That is NOT the album version. And the YT/Stream has 192kbps AAC audio. The leak is 320. Which means a VIDEO version was transcoded to 320 from 192.

That means the entire leak was reprocessed and recompressed using equalising, and dynamic compression that ruins the meticulously perfect mastering of the original.

I've compared both. With an audio engineer at my side.
  • The whole album is out there? I can't believe that. "Seventh Tree" situation all over again. Someone at Goldfrapp camp must really hate them.
  • It can happen anywhere: at mastering studios at the earliest, then at manufacturing. Usually at distribution to the press via physical unwatermarked copies. And at the latest during distrubition of the final product.
  • I kind of want my box NOW. LOL.
  • Stranger said:

It can happen anywhere: at mastering studios at the earliest, then at manufacturing. Usually at distribution to the press via physical unwatermarked copies. And at the latest during distrubition of the final product.

I know, I know. Fortunately it hasn't leaked like "Seventh Tree" which was 3 months before release?!
  • "apparently" means nothing. ;)
  • LolliCruz said:

"apparently" means nothing. ;)

Okay, "definitely." ;)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!