Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • *popcorn crunch*
  • Don't make me refill my Super Big Gulp.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Don't make me refill my Super Big Gulp.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
  • I love a man with a super big gulp.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-24 22:21:24
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • I can't find the album..... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." - Leonardo da Vinci

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/howard.trigg
    INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/howiet1971/

The leak has either been tempered with or they decided to go for a last minute (over)compressed sound which I find hard to believe.

On your left: The waveform from the official (!) Alvar press preview. It sounds perfect in it's build-up and sound levels and in relative volume to the rest of the stream.

On your right: The 320kbps mp3 leak of Alvar. The waveform is compressed. The result? It sounds much louder overall and hardly any differences between the more quiet parts of the song remain, leading up to the final build up, meaning it was altered compared to the earlier preview when at this stage mastering should long have been completed.

I smell fish.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • do you live by a fish market?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Still no signs of the rest of the album on the net.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • that's good. how's the waiting going?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Stranger said:

The result? It sounds much louder overall and hardly any differences between the more quiet parts of the song remain, leading up to the final build up, meaning it was altered compared to the earlier preview when at this stage mastering should long have been completed.

I smell fish.

If the leaker thought they knew a bit about watermarking , they could of decoded the file to wav , normalised it and then recoded it to 320 , thinking it would remove the watermarking . Its also quite possible they deliberately gave you access to an unmastered version .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-25 07:24:24
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori: the stream sounds breathtaking even though it's not cd quality so it is not unmastered.
    Also: turning watermarked files into any other file and normalizing it will not remove the watermark. Not even remotely.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-25 07:54:13
  • This album has a lot of dynamics in it. Quieter parts, louder parts, meticulously executed to create a flow.
    Compressing it like this gets rid of that. I highly doubt that is something Goldfrapp would do. They even perform it accordingly.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-25 07:53:38
  • internet encourages questionable music distribution. gasp.
    "its MY favourite song"
  • (ate words)
    Post edited by LolliCruz at 2013-07-25 08:12:37
  • 'controlled leak' ...very hard to do when you get to my age ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!