Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • Alan: Jo=you better run for your life. Alvar is (first words) I felt it come.

“Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • :P
    Post edited by iWannaLife at 2013-07-24 12:11:33
  • @Stranger what?? I'm re-listening to 'Jo' right now and it starts with neither of those lines.

I'm confused.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • @Stranger never mind. Yes, my copy of 'Jo' has 'run for your life'.

Phew!! I feel relieved. I love 'Jo'.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It's a good album opener.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Let me make it very clear that both me and my partner have been buying everything by Goldfrapp we can get hold of for the last 7 years (we got together partly because of a mutual madness for Frappness)

Leaks are harmful and they mean less money for an artist, but that is why most artists tour, to ensure revenue from a live product which can't be pirated like mp3s. It's the modern business model for the music industry and leaks sometimes turn out to be free publicity. Piracy would have been outlawed by now, because the technology certainly exists. Locking people out of music could damage an artist more than a conventional digital leak. I don't condone theft.

I can't help myself because I was spellbound and transported by the gig. I can't say that about Head First. So yes, I ripped the Youtube vids which I will not share (you had your chance) and I've been very hungry for the tracks which weren't performed live, or on youtube. They are out there.

I will be buying like a completist for this album which is better than any wish-list dream Frapp album I could imagine. I hope you all will, leak or not.

• Stranger said:

It's a good album opener.

Couldn't agree more! That's why I got a little worried because 'Alvar' wouldn't be such a great album opener. 'Jo' on the other hand sounds so mysterious and the subtle build-up is just sublime.

Listening to 'Jo', I always imagine a traditional Japanese house, a Geisha sitting down and staring at the ticking clock.
  • If people dont or wont buy the album , a leak or the Sept. date won`t convince them otherwise , I suggested this thread be made and its worked.............but the point Vesper is missing is that the smugness of listening to it is leaking out across other threads because someone can`t shut their bloody mouth and doesn`t own a dictionary .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-24 12:14:30
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Can`t be bothered to reply

And by not doing so...
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I've been called all kinds of things in my life, and 'attention-seeking' is my latest. LOL

Thanks for the entertainment. :)
  • iuventus said:

Sartori said:

Can`t be bothered to reply

And by not doing so...

I`d already put an answer , deleted it and that was the placeholder while I wrote it .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Alan said:

I've been called all kinds of things in my life, and 'attention-seeking' is my latest. LOL

Thanks for the entertainment. :)

Heres £50 to buy a new sense of self-awareness off Ebay .
  • Never mind.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-24 12:18:06
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Alvar's fucking beautiful. I love how they just went with it. It progresses so naturally.
  • No worries @Sartori I take your bitter jealousy light-heartedly. ;)

Peace. :)

P.S. Correct, I don't own a dictionary. I try to improve my English, which is my second (if not third) language, by watching TV, reading newspapers, participating in forums where I'm asked to keep my mouth shut, talking to natives, etc. Again, I'm sorry for having infuriated you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!