Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • x
    Post edited by vurt at 2013-07-22 19:44:42
  • Now out of context - deleted .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-22 20:01:51
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • x
    Post edited by vurt at 2013-07-22 19:43:07
  • 80p off a packet of ten Tena's? that's a bargain
    "its MY favourite song"
  • folklore said:

My cat is afraid of the vacuum cleaner :(

I'm afraid of the vacuum cleaner!

• ugh i want to put it on my hands, touch it, feel it, smell it, rip the packaging off, gently, smell it again, take it home play it, and put it on my iphone, and wait for deluxe box to arrive, ughhhh, hate wating!
  • hahahahahahahaha
  • It's far quieter than I thought it would be in here!

• Honestly, I don't know why we are getting so upset by the leak business. If the record companies/artists are so worried about leaks then they shoudn't play it to journalists 2 months in advance. It isn't rocket science :/ I mean I don't see why just previewing the Drew video would not be been enough alone to get journalists interested and fans excited. Just see how Boards of Canada did there hype on their release this year. No leaks there (as nobody heard it in advance) and it created fantastic excitment.

I can understand Dreeke getting pissed off as he is someone with the responsiblity of hearing these advance streams so he probably feels a bit let down by his peers when they are leaked. But the rest of you, does it really matter? The people who don't want to pay for music will just download it after release anyway, even if Frapp avoid the leak. Hearing a leak in advance won't spoil the record for
    me or stop me buying a hard copy.

I'm pretty sure some leaks are deliberate to create a 'buzz' or just to test the water. It is just an unavoidable product if the digital age, I mean there is bloody website where you can get updates to when stuff is leaked!!!

Sorry grumpy tatt. Too hot for me this week:(
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-07-23 05:45:18
  • Testify!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I can actually think of a reason the press got it this early.
    To me it's very convenient to prepare properly for an interview.
    I hate it when I get to listen to an album just days before an interview takes place.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

• Dreeke said:

I can actually think of a reason the press got it this early.
    I hate it when I get to listen to an album just days before an interview takes place.

But why do we need interviews before the release? In the 80's the interviews were all done on the week of release or after.

I do get your point. Artists work on a world market so they have a 'lot' to do in terms of interviews/promotion if they want to make money (NB: If you just want to release music you don't have to leave you bedroom in this day an age).  But I just don't understand the industries innocence to how digital technology and the internet works. Unless we lock down the net down like China we ain't going to stop it.
  • I find it strange that the album wouldn't be available for us to hear already. I think it's complete bullshit honestly. Make it available in mp3 format, don't put ANYTHING on soundcloud or youtube, people will buy.

(I know it's the label)
    Post edited by LolliCruz at 2013-07-23 06:23:18
  • just going to wait untill september 9th  then i'll know i'll be getting the genuine thing....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

• Dreeke said:

I can actually think of a reason the press got it this early.

But why do we need interviews before the release? In the 80's the interviews were all done on the week of release or after.

I do get your point. Artists work on a world market so they have a 'lot' to do in terms of interviews/promotion if they want to make money (NB: If you just want to release music you don't have to leave you bedroom in this day an age).  But I just don't understand the industries innocence to how digital technology and the internet works. Unless we lock down the net down like China we ain't going to stop it.

I can only surmise that the interview aspect has also changed since the 80s along with the modern day issues of leaking . Modern day marketing is a black hole of unknowns to me , my logic would say that they`re trying to create a hype , an awareness , "value" of the band and forthcoming album (outside of it leaking) , the model they`re using is similar to other bands , create a tactileness to the Goldfrapp brand , to create a wanton demand for original/paid for goods , a desire to have tangible goods in your hands instead of using mp3s . The boxset creates a "ooooh shiny shiny , me wanty , I`ll put on 2x Tena for Men when it arrives" , even if you`re not buying it , it tweaks at an mp3 mindset that this album and band are worth actually shelling out some moon dollars for . 

Or , I`m talking a bag of shit as usual ho-de-ho :D

I couldn`t honestly be bothered if it leaks , the tight fisted still wouldn`t buy it whether it leaked or not , so leaking is immaterial . I mentioned about the Somerset House gig about the chatting classes at gigs nowadays , its not an "Ooh La La" crowd thing , `gig going` has evolved to it being a social event (taking photos/video and talking as if in a pub) rather than it being a thing of artistic performance and feeling aglow with being caught in a moment in time . Likewise with the music itself , music is now less a thing of beauty and marvel and respect for the artists , it`s now relegated to the background as the "B" movie with zero repsec` given to it - if its free , people will just not respect it . And back to my initial waffle paragraph , changing the mindset is the key .

Will it work ? how the feck would I know haha , their marketing campaign is theirs , I respect the group and their management to do their marketing the way they wish , I`m sure the usual bellends will come on here and say they`re doing it wrong blah blah zzzzz.....the worst sin of anything like this is to do nothing (ie retread the old ground that didn`t work) . 

My opinions on the above are driven by my observations , my logic , my experience , seeing what other models worked for other bands and a respect for the band , to think the best of them , to not second guess them , to not throw out crazy ideas in order to smugly say "I told you so" at a later time . Music is a part of my soul , my being , I love it and I can only give respect to bands (apart from Jazz bands and Celine Dion) , they`ll make mistakes sure enough , only people who do nothing don`t make mistakes but I will only support them in their endevours .

If people wish to download it as a leak , do so (you`re going to a special hell that involves non stop dancing with jazz hands for eternity btw) , if you wish to discuss the leaked album/show off/be smug/attention seek , here`s a crazy, wacky, far out idea - start your own "OMG Discuss the Album thats LEAKED OMG , I spaffed my pants OMG" thread and everyone else can leave you be .  

Meanwhile , I`m still taking bookings for my Sartoris Worldwide (Hull) Ego Trips Around The World (Hull) ;)

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-23 07:38:58
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!