Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • I can just see this thread having hundreds of posts when I wake up.

• Where's Sartori with the Tena Men?
  • Take two, use as required

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-22 19:14:09
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • x
    Post edited by vurt at 2013-07-22 19:44:42
  • Now out of context - deleted .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-22 20:01:51
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • x
    Post edited by vurt at 2013-07-22 19:43:07
  • 80p off a packet of ten Tena's? that's a bargain
    "its MY favourite song"
  • folklore said:

My cat is afraid of the vacuum cleaner :(

I'm afraid of the vacuum cleaner!

• ugh i want to put it on my hands, touch it, feel it, smell it, rip the packaging off, gently, smell it again, take it home play it, and put it on my iphone, and wait for deluxe box to arrive, ughhhh, hate wating!
  • hahahahahahahaha
  • It's far quieter than I thought it would be in here!

• Honestly, I don't know why we are getting so upset by the leak business. If the record companies/artists are so worried about leaks then they shoudn't play it to journalists 2 months in advance. It isn't rocket science :/ I mean I don't see why just previewing the Drew video would not be been enough alone to get journalists interested and fans excited. Just see how Boards of Canada did there hype on their release this year. No leaks there (as nobody heard it in advance) and it created fantastic excitment.

I can understand Dreeke getting pissed off as he is someone with the responsiblity of hearing these advance streams so he probably feels a bit let down by his peers when they are leaked. But the rest of you, does it really matter? The people who don't want to pay for music will just download it after release anyway, even if Frapp avoid the leak. Hearing a leak in advance won't spoil the record for
    me or stop me buying a hard copy.

I'm pretty sure some leaks are deliberate to create a 'buzz' or just to test the water. It is just an unavoidable product if the digital age, I mean there is bloody website where you can get updates to when stuff is leaked!!!

Sorry grumpy tatt. Too hot for me this week:(
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-07-23 05:45:18
  • Testify!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I can actually think of a reason the press got it this early.
    To me it's very convenient to prepare properly for an interview.
    I hate it when I get to listen to an album just days before an interview takes place.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

• Dreeke said:

I can actually think of a reason the press got it this early.
    To me it's very convenient to prepare properly for an interview.
    I hate it when I get to listen to an album just days before an interview takes place.

But why do we need interviews before the release? In the 80's the interviews were all done on the week of release or after.

I do get your point. Artists work on a world market so they have a 'lot' to do in terms of interviews/promotion if they want to make money (NB: If you just want to release music you don't have to leave you bedroom in this day an age).  But I just don't understand the industries innocence to how digital technology and the internet works. Unless we lock down the net down like China we ain't going to stop it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!