Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • Indeed! Funny how the same people as Wed, stayed up the latest! :)
  • Stuart_P said:

Una said:

definately the right thing to do pre album release :)

I agree @Stuart_P and with you @rewak, it's a pity they didn't see to them sooner.  Of course I had a few listens when I had a chance but I am glad they are gone.  I'm one for waiting for an album, I don't do leaks.

@Stuart_P thanks re; the photos.  They would have been better if I weren't so scared of Alison :P
    How did you get on standing at the sound desk?  Was it a much different experience to the previous night at the front?

@KeithJ_gmb some really lovely thoughts there.  Shame I am such a lightweight & cannot stay up late!
    I think you are right, these MIF gigs are right up there in my top Goldfrapp experiences, Union Chapel being the only equal for me.
  • Una said:

@Stuart_P thanks re; the photos.  They would have been better if I weren't so scared of Alison :P
    How did you get on standing at the sound desk?  Was it a much different experience to the previous night at the front?

well it was perfect for watching will at the mixing desk! he was there from lights down until laurel and then i guess he had to get himself presentable for the stage. during alisons intro of simone, i exchanged a wry smile with will acknowledging the comedy moment from the night before :) so for those experiences i made the right move! but.....the non hardcore around me were too fidgety for my liking during the first half. not talking as such just what-is-this-new-song-fidgeting. i failed to bag a setlist from the desk 'it got notes on it we need' said mixer boy......booooya! oh and it was great spot to watch drummer seb gurn away too :D

from an audio point of view, very little difference between the two spots for me.

but if i had the choice again? i much preferred being in at the front mosh pit with you guys :-\"

• I love how you remember that Will was there until 'Laurel'  I got a fricken setlist & I couldn't tell you what was what or when it was!!  

'what-is-this-new-song-fidgeting' ha!  Love it!  I am so glad I wasn't around that kind of fidgety Mcfidgeting.  It would drive me crazy.  As I said elsewhere the chatter in the balconies on the second night was making my blood boil.  

I too had a little moment with Will (no really, it happened!!)  I could see him very clearly when he was on stage and I gave him a big ol' smile at one stage & he gave one right back.  I love him!  

It was lovely to meet you @Stuart_P, hope to see you at a gig again soon & stick with the die hards up the front :)
  • I was more concerned with falling off the motorbike on the way back through tiredness haha lol so had to do the lightweight thing.  :-)

• I did last until 2.30am on Thursday at the Mitre, after spending half the day putting up fences I didn't do too bad for a 50 year old.  :P  What a lovely crowd of people to share memories with, i'd definately have the lot of you on my desert island. Glad i saved those youtube vids now, i can watch Clay over and over and the other songs ticked all my boxes.  
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • so not even surprised MUTE blocked the new live videos today....glad i nabbed them saturday night.....still glorious....
  • stevil said:

so not even surprised MUTE blocked the new live videos today....glad i nabbed them saturday night.....still glorious....

All gone! I grabbed them too.

• Wow, this thread is huge! Not sure how I'll get through it all!
    Tears just started over you but I'm not over you...
    www.myspace.com/queenadreenauk
  • Was a lovely gig, too hot by far, but hey what can you do. We didn't get to meet up with anyone at the Mitre as we got in a bit late and needed food! :(

• orangina and cake help :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • EEk this is huge sorry!image
    Post edited by Jude at 2013-07-24 10:09:13
  • Loving that window action, Jude - they really set the venue pics off nicely. Great stuff.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • i just can't believe it's a week ago already :O
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!