Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • Hah of course! So.... See you all in a decade? :)
  • As anyone posted a Annabel video from MIF ?
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • good find Lou and a good read. I must get myself a copy of head on!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Head On?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • It's a good review but I'm guessing they've not had a second person look through it before putting it up!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Head On
    Seventh Tree from 2006

That's some alternate universe!
    But a good review otherwise.
    Formerly known as alex_t.

• I see the videos of the new songs at MIF have been blocked on Youtube.
  • fast work :(
    "its MY favourite song"
  • By Believe? Who the fuck is Believe and how do they own it?
  • Una said:

I see the videos of the new songs at MIF have been blocked on Youtube.

definately the right thing to do pre album release :)
  • @Una

superb piccies from the 18th by the way!
  • Pre album maybe, even though it wasn't a very smart thing to leave them up for days, it's post release i'd be worried about.
  • Good review, indeed. Well considered and expressed.

I've been thinking about Thursday's gig and the extent to which it was the same but different. Not much in it in the way of performance - the false start at the beginning of 'Drew' wasn't repeated, of course - and Alison's early nerves soon cleared.

Equally hot for those of us in the audience but that was soon forgotten. Alison's tweet to the effect that it's hard to listen to new songs live when you haven't heard them before is true to some extent. There's the thrill of having them unfold before you and the unique feelings that's engendered by that. But there's so much you miss that's revealled when hearing them again. 'Laurel' made the biggest impression on me at the first gig and it's impact was no less on Thursday. I was rather taken with 'Jo' and 'Annabel' on Wednesday and by Thursday their emotional punch was deeply felt. Similarly, 'Stranger' made a particular impact on Thursday and at Somerset House almost left me speechless. I say almost as when I'd recovered, I managed to say to dc baxter that that was incredible.

I was in a slightly better position on Thursday and hadn't been queuing for as long so it was a more relaxed and comfortable evening on the whole. But they'll be two nights I'll cherish forever.

The second night in the residents' bar in the Mitre was as memorable as the first. Was it likely that we'd all turn in earlier as we had to leave next day? Not really :) Some did but for Laura, Dreeke, Marlou and I, it was even later! One of those nights you don't want to end.

Of course, all the goodbyes were tinged with sadness but the prospects of meeting some of the GMB again at Somerset House was a big help.

So, Manchester. One/two of those events that will forever be legendary in GMB folklore, along with the likes of Eden, Union Chapel, Hackney, Cecil Sharp House etc. I feel very lucky to have been there.

Here's to more legendary gigs in future :)

• Well said Keith!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!