Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • ^ did you have, like, a little paddle to fish them out? ie a Bat for Lashes?

sorry!
  • (Maybe it's called Clay because it is not only a name, and a re-interpretation, but also a reference to "grey wet sand" as sung in the song).

[edit] OMG she screwed up the timing for a few moments during and after the bridge. She starts singing about a bar too soon. *shocked*
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-20 11:32:40
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • ^ did you have, like, a little paddle to fish them out? ie a Bat for Lashes?

sorry!

I'm rocking the Clockwork Orange look, pretending its on purpose.

@Stranger. I'm quite grateful to listen to such a beautiful song. We've all been waiting for it since the trailer went online. Alison was amazing, under a lot of pressure and boiling hot. I know. I was there. I couldn't do what she does.

• You know what's amazing is that she didn't look like a wet rag by the end of the first song.  How she stayed looking so fresh throughout must have broken some laws of physics.  I know she complained of the heat but, still, talk about a trooper!
  • Alison has the power to look fabulous on any stage under all kinds of circumstances. The woman radiates. Heat or no heat: she is a stage Godess.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • I don't think the word "stage" is required.  I mean, really, who else but a Godess could break the laws of physics??!?.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-20 14:04:31
  • Sorcerers, demons, possibly extra-terrestrial beings...
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • omg....this might be my favorite Goldfrapp song ever!!!!!!!!!!
  • It's weird - I started this thread but based on the MIF shows I might have to defect to a Laurel thread as that one has been an unexpected earworm today. Something about the cinematic menace in those string stabs!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Laurel's album vocal is a very different one than all the other ones on the album Carp. It's darker. moodier, technically different and in a rather low key for Alison, but it works. It's a refreshing take on her voice from that perspective.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-21 12:20:44
  • I can imagine a DiCaprio voiceover reading the letter out to a Jude Law in the closing scene of a new film by Steven Spielberg while Clay being played in the background only too well.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-07-20 17:21:49
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

I can imagine a DiCaprio voiceover reading the letter out to a Jude Law in the closing scene of a new film by Steven Spielberg while Clay being played in the background only too well.

Rather gorgeous vision,personally I'd put more emphasis on the latter male;-D
  • HolyOwl said:

I can imagine a DiCaprio voiceover reading the letter out to a Jude Law in the closing scene of a new film by Steven Spielberg while Clay being played in the background only too well.

For a start, Brad Davis without question, and George Clooney. Jude Law looks like he might not have made the draught in 1943 (too camp)

• Yeeeah, go ahead, let's do a proper fantasy casting, I quite like the idea. :D
    Maybe some day....
    Be patient.

• HolyOwl said:

Yeeeah, go ahead, let's do a proper fantasy casting...

Me and Cervus

Hmmm...
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!