Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • So now all we're missing is "Jo," since "Thea" wasn't played. It is SO HARD not playing these videos! I'm holding out for the studio versions. :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Joey said:

So now all we're missing is "Jo," since "Thea" wasn't played. It is SO HARD not playing these videos! I'm holding out for the studio versions. :)

Joey where is your signature quote from?

• I understand you're dying to hear these vids (I would too) but honestly: please don't judge the album from these vids. 

(I'm repeating myself aren't I...?)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • i think the guy who uploaded the (bad quality) alvar has uploaded Jo too

• Post edited by vurt at 2013-07-22 19:53:17
  • Nope that's Ulla
  • Oh God,Annabel is gorgeous&haunting but Clay made me cry,it's wonderful.This song is like a miracle.

So moving;-D I wan't the whole album and I wan't it now;-D

Though I know now that it's worth the wait;-D

I predict that Tales of Us is gonna be my new favourite album by our divine Goldfrapp;-D

I know,I'm a bit egxalted but it's hard not to;-D

After a while I can't decide which song is my favourite,Clay,Drew,Stranger,Annabel-those I heard so far,it's really the first time when I love every song so much,for example from Seventh Tree I loved Cologne Cerrone Houdini and Clowns from the very beginning but the rest needed to grow on me;-D

I say again,amazing,I can only think how delicious those songs will sound in HQ studio versions;-D

Post edited by Jules at 2013-07-20 16:17:46
  • So far, Clay and Laurel are my favs.
  • Dreeke said:

I understand you're dying to hear these vids (I would too) but honestly: please don't judge the album from these vids.

Thanks for the warning, Dreeke, and twice told is not too much.  I listened to one and decided I need to wait for the CD.  If it was a professionally produced show, like so many of Goldfrapp's, it would be different.  As I've said before, their show productions are better than some studio productions.  But, this...
  • Dreeke said:

WARNING: listening to these clips in random order does NOT give a good indication of what the album's like!
    I advise you not to jump to any conclusions by listening to them.
    Some songs work really good on the album because of the flow it has.
    Just so you know.

be interesting to see if the bands management will try and pull down clips from youtube while the album is still unreleased?

• Post edited by vurt at 2013-07-22 19:52:52
  • lol my brain is still in manchester's albert hall listening to tales of us live.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I can't wait to listen to "Tales of Us" with "Two Dancers" by Wild Beasts, I strongly think that those albums may have enough similarity to complement each other in the mood area;-D Talking about dreams;-D
  • x
    Post edited by vurt at 2013-07-22 19:52:12
  • Stuart_P said:

Dreeke said:

WARNING: listening to these clips in random order does NOT give a good indication of what the album's like!
    I advise you not to jump to any conclusions by listening to them.
    Some songs work really good on the album because of the flow it has.
    Just so you know.

be interesting to see if the bands management will try and pull down clips from youtube while the album is still unreleased?

And that's why I've not uploaded, could do without the hassle. As I stand in Paddington waiting for a train .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!