Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • Stranger said:

Yeah thats the letter posted in the Clay thread. I KNEW it had to be that one.

Good to see she included a few tidbits at the VERY END of the song that refer to the sleeping part.

KEEP IT COMIN BITCH
  • Quite a nice review here, although i do have a gripe with reviews that offer no negative aspect yet don't give full marks - http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jul/19/goldfrapp-review
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-07-19 10:22:20
  • LolliCruz said:

Stranger said:

Yeah thats the letter posted in the Clay thread. I KNEW it had to be that one.

Good to see she included a few tidbits at the VERY END of the song that refer to the sleeping part.

KEEP IT COMIN BITCH

Meanwhile over in the Overeacting Competition we have a winner 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • rewak said:

Quite a nice review here, although i do have a gripe with reviews that offer no negative aspect yet don't give full marks - http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jul/19/goldfrapp-review

To be honest I'd always rather have a good, well written review with no score tagged on the end at all. If a review does its job well you can hopefully infer how it rates from the points raised.

Also a lot of people these days (sadly) skip to read the score first then decide if the text is worth reading from that.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Dreeke said:

Joey said:

Which one is this?

Are you serious?
    That's not one of the new songs....

HA! I was scared to play it because I'm avoiding the new material. I should have specified that. ;)

ETA: Okay, now the YouTube has added the song titles. :)
    Post edited by Joey at 2013-07-19 10:57:00
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Okay, isn't Stranger absolutely fabulous? I'm so in love I can't express
    Post edited by subrussian at 2013-07-19 12:09:05
  • Argh, the videos of the new songs are finally coming through!
    Be strong, Low, use your willpower and watch the live performances of F.M and S.T songs instead.

• Nice find, wonder if there is more...... Cant quite make it out but the filmer might have been just in front of me - if it was done last night.
  • I was chatting to staff on the balcony on the second night - was told both nights were filmed, the cameras look like large slr's. I saw one next to each half of the choir pointing at the stage, one on the back of the balcony facing the stage and there were a couple of guys wandering around with cameras handheld on 'damping bars' (or whatever the things that take camera shake etc out are called haha).
  • Cheers for that info, pob! Well, if it's the beeb (as implied by toast), that sounds a lot more basic than what they did at Electric proms / Cecil Sharp. But hopefully some decent (public) footage will result.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-19 12:54:02
  • So glad it was a fabulous gig and a great memory.

As fate has it, on the day before I went down with First! Ever! Attack of Sciatica, which actually I totally would wish on my worst enemies.

So I couldn't have gone yesterday, and am so highly medicated today I am posting in the 15 minute interval between the meds taking off the pain and making me fall over when seeing double.

I'm having to interpret not getting a ticket as A Sign, otherwise I'd be hobbling on past the Drs to Citivets for about half a Shetland pony's worth of ketamine. ...

Enjoy tonight guys.
  • So glad it was a fabulous gig and a great memory.

As fate has it, on the day before I went down with First! Ever! Attack of Sciatica, which actually I totally would wish on my worst enemies.

So I couldn't have gone yesterday, and am so highly medicated today I am posting in the 15 minute interval between the meds taking off the pain and making me fall over when seeing double.

I'm having to interpret not getting a ticket as A Sign, otherwise I'd be hobbling on past the Drs to Citivets for about half a Shetland pony's worth of ketamine. ...

Enjoy tonight guys.

Oh crap Lindsay, sorry to hear about the sciatica. I've had neck/trapped-nerve probs which I think is similarly painful :(

People might well enjoy tonight, but I don't think there is a GF gig? Tomorrow is Somerset...

• chokka said:

9oldfrapp... They've probably printed more and not changed thenumber :)

I checked mine and does say 200 in a sloppy writing, that can be read as 800 with a bit of imagination. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!