Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • PS Turned out it was Parents Evening last night anyway so I would have had to miss the show or lose my job if I hadn't-a- gone! I was well twitchy....grrrrrr! 
  • PPS .....Being the mystic-minded New Age hippy type that I am, a butterfly is traditionally said to be lucky. I sent Alison a card not so long ago with a butterfly on it. I doubt if she ever received it...but maybe. It certainly is a sign (to those who believe) xx
  • The show was filmed, but we don't know any details about a release (yet)

Good idea to meet up with some Frappers pre-gig, you're going to feel right at home.
    I know I did... :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • KatRobin said:

PPS .....Being the mystic-minded New Age hippy type that I am, a butterfly is traditionally said to be lucky. I sent Alison a card not so long ago with a butterfly on it. I doubt if she ever received it...but maybe. It certainly is a sign (to those who believe) xx

She did mention about it being a sign of good luck when she saw it!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • So glad the 2nd night was another blast! A shame we never got a stage-invading butterfly on the 1st night!

Who (from here) went 2nd night only?... just Helen, BigBird and Border_mind?

Were the posters on sale the same as the ones avail on the 1st night?

Sorry we non-attendees keep banging on about it, but... were there hand-held cameras... upstairs only? Any mention of filming from Alison?

• They were filming upstairs & down, before the gig as folks were piling in and even filmed the queue outside by all accounts! Posters the same and it was the same run of 200 being sold over the two nights.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-19 05:52:13
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Thanks Dreeke....I'll post again end of October fishing for friends! 
  • Well spotted!
    Them little rascals...
    Be patient.
  • nice review of the gigs here
  • Back home.....  ABSOLUTELY EPIC is the only (2) word(s) i can think of right now to discribe how great the 2 gigs where.... The last 2 nights where the best days of my life ever (& not jokeing either) THANKS GOLDFRAPP I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.....

stood at the front both nights (wednesday stood next to tweety) last night when alison sung Lovely Head she stood right in front of me & eugen when she did the screaming parts it was freaking awesome.....lol

:D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • @jozzy and you got Wills autograph I believe. good work fella :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Yep tweety had a chat with Will after the gig last night & got his autograph.....  :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I'm on the train home and don't know I can add much more than has already been said, but really it was a truly special and spectacular couple of shows, and I feel very lucky to have been able to be there.
    Last night could be in the very top of the top of best gigs ever for me.. The sound was wonderful, the experience of seeing all those tracks performed with the orchestra and choir was something I will never forget... Alison was in GREAT spirits, chatty and smily... Will on stage for the second half was awesome, and Ali and Angie singing to each other a Great deal (Angie is a VERY key and prominent part of these tracks which is ace) was lovely to see (& totally hot. Ok. I'm just gonna say it)

I had to go and sit in a dark corner and smoke on my own outside afterwards. Felt a bit ... Out of sorts ... But was soon perked up by the amazing lot from here (& muchos cider) who I enjoyed spending this week with SO MUCH. you guys are fabulous, great to see the guys I'd met before as always, and wonderful to meet some of you for the first time.

Let's do it again some time yeah?

*cries all the way to London*

Poster for those interested, not mine just a pic i found. I would not have paid £30 for that, i've got a signed+numbered Portishead litho poster thing that cost half that including the postage. I hope the rest of the merch they drum up isn't priced like that.
  • it wasn't for me. I wanted a t shirt. don't think there will be any till the autumn tour :(
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!