Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • I am smitten with this song following hearing it live twice....

I was so moved by it...

I got goosebumps....
  • http://www.lettersofnote.com/2013/02/sleep-well-my-love.html Apparently this is the inspiration for Clay.
  • Yup. That's the one. Good to see we discussed the actual one in our thread earlier.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Low said:

Don't read them if you don't like them.

LMFAO! Good fucking god.
  • For me, over the last 2 nights in Manchester, 'clay' has stood out as my top track. I'm not sure if it's because it's at the end of the album, and made for a REALLY amazing, emotional, breathtaking finale to the 'first half' of the shows, but it is really really something special. In my opinion anyway!
    I'm glad to see there has already been a thread started it, if there hadn't have been, after last night, I'd have done it myself. Truly fucking fantastic!
  • I do wonder why she changed the name from the source material though, she kept Annabels name after all.
  • rewak said:

I do wonder why she changed the name from the source material though, she kept Annabels name after all.

Maybe one is about a specific and the other a situation based on a specific?

Just a guess as have not got the lyrics yet.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • LolliCruz said:

Low said:

Don't read them if you don't like them.

LMFAO! Good fucking god.

What?

• rewak said:

I do wonder why she changed the name from the source material though, she kept Annabels name after all.

maybe she just felt  bit different because its a real person rather than a fictional character? 
  • Or Clay is not a name but a description?
  • Alan said:

Low said:

I feel very alone in my anticipation for the "Jo" :P

Is it because your name is Jo?

Don't feel alone at all! From what I recall it was a breathtaking song, as was Clay, and every other song off the new album!
  • Clay

• rewak said:Clay

God all my hairs stood up! Beautiful chord changes. What. A.
    Song.

Edit, I just read the letter, and, gulp...

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-20 09:05:39

• Oh. my. Word.

So, so beautiful, thank you for posting. Yes. This is still my favourite so far, even more so now.

(oh god I've got mascara on...... No more weeping!!)
  • Laura said:

Oh. my. Word.

So, so beautiful, thank you for posting. Yes. This is still my favourite so far, even more so now.

(oh god I've got mascara on...... No more weeping!!)

One of my lashes ended up in my vodka...  =((

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!