Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • stevil said:

oops....i don't get the hyperlink on this new forum

So i guess Ask The Lake got merged into Ulla then, given the lyrics at about 2:50 "Always ask the lake, it knows, always ask the lake, you'll get all the answers".
  • Well spotted!
    Them little rascals...
    Be patient.
  • nice review of the gigs here
  • Back home.....  ABSOLUTELY EPIC is the only (2) word(s) i can think of right now to discribe how great the 2 gigs where.... The last 2 nights where the best days of my life ever (& not jokeing either) THANKS GOLDFRAPP I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.....

stood at the front both nights (wednesday stood next to tweety) last night when alison sung Lovely Head she stood right in front of me & eugen when she did the screaming parts it was freaking awesome.....lol

:D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • @jozzy and you got Wills autograph I believe. good work fella :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Yep tweety had a chat with Will after the gig last night & got his autograph.....  :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I'm on the train home and don't know I can add much more than has already been said, but really it was a truly special and spectacular couple of shows, and I feel very lucky to have been able to be there.
    Last night could be in the very top of the top of best gigs ever for me.. The sound was wonderful, the experience of seeing all those tracks performed with the orchestra and choir was something I will never forget... Alison was in GREAT spirits, chatty and smily... Will on stage for the second half was awesome, and Ali and Angie singing to each other a Great deal (Angie is a VERY key and prominent part of these tracks which is ace) was lovely to see (& totally hot. Ok. I'm just gonna say it)

I had to go and sit in a dark corner and smoke on my own outside afterwards. Felt a bit ... Out of sorts ... But was soon perked up by the amazing lot from here (& muchos cider) who I enjoyed spending this week with SO MUCH. you guys are fabulous, great to see the guys I'd met before as always, and wonderful to meet some of you for the first time.

Let's do it again some time yeah?

*cries all the way to London*

Poster for those interested, not mine just a pic i found. I would not have paid £30 for that, i've got a signed+numbered Portishead litho poster thing that cost half that including the postage. I hope the rest of the merch they drum up isn't priced like that.
  • it wasn't for me. I wanted a t shirt. don't think there will be any till the autumn tour :(
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Stranger said:

Yeah thats the letter posted in the Clay thread. I KNEW it had to be that one.

Good to see she included a few tidbits at the VERY END of the song that refer to the sleeping part.

KEEP IT COMIN BITCH
  • Quite a nice review here, although i do have a gripe with reviews that offer no negative aspect yet don't give full marks - http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jul/19/goldfrapp-review
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-07-19 10:22:20
  • LolliCruz said:

Stranger said:

Yeah thats the letter posted in the Clay thread. I KNEW it had to be that one.

Good to see she included a few tidbits at the VERY END of the song that refer to the sleeping part.

KEEP IT COMIN BITCH

Meanwhile over in the Overeacting Competition we have a winner 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • rewak said:

Quite a nice review here, although i do have a gripe with reviews that offer no negative aspect yet don't give full marks - http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jul/19/goldfrapp-review

To be honest I'd always rather have a good, well written review with no score tagged on the end at all. If a review does its job well you can hopefully infer how it rates from the points raised.

Also a lot of people these days (sadly) skip to read the score first then decide if the text is worth reading from that.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!