Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • I hope so, just not some chopped up thing used for a music video, we've been literally screaming for another live DVD for about 7 years now!
  • Hopefully not going to be the the seven-year itch this time.

Be patient.
  • the crowd were much more enthusiastic :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • More enthusiastic!!  Woohooo!!!  I am so terribly glad!  After so long being off stage, that's got to be just what the doctor ordered (not to mention Will being on stage for the first time in ages, if not on record.  Maybe he'll want to do it, again.  Yeah, I know.  Yeah, right!)!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-18 20:20:19
  • as Carpy said, these gigs were all about Alison AND Will
    "its MY favourite song"
  • About time.  I hope he enjoyed it enough to do it again, soon...maybe Saturday? 
  • Thank you for being so wonderful. What a night!! Xx oh & the
    butterfly, how crazy was that?! Beautiful....I hope it managed to get
    out ok?!

So a butterfly gatecrashed the show huh?
  • Yeah thats the letter posted in the Clay thread. I KNEW it had to be that one.
    Good to see she included a few tidbits at the VERY END of the song that refer to the sleeping part.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Well what can I tell you 2.14 in the morning but this:-
    It was a fantastic evening with so many things to mention. I loved every track from the new album, the orchestra complimented each track as wonderful string arrangements, the band were splendid as normal, so good to see Will on stage and Alison quite frankly was fucking marvellous.
    Great to hear older tracks as well such as Lovely Head, Paper Bag, A&E etc
    Stage lighting was very colourful a few times.
    Very happy with my posters (brought one and ripped from the wall one)!!
    Only downside was the ridiculous heat but that's nobody's fault (damn you Mother Nature) /:)
    Lastly, what can I say about the lovely people I have met. That's right their all bastards. ONLY JOKING
    Wonderful, friendly,funny, chatty diamonds the lot of them. Hopefully I won't miss anyone out but here goes - Mr and Mrs Dreeke, Carpy, Big Bird, Pob, Keith,Twiity, Una, Laura, Micky, Simon (posters cheers) and very briefly Border Mind.
    I hope you all had as wonderful time as me and hope to see you on Saturday :x
  • okay which new track is this?   i've been stalking YOUTUBE all day being in the U.S.  

• oops....i don't get the hyperlink on this new forum

•  The music in the clip lasts approximately 4 minutes. Looking at the track listing and track timings... It can either be Simone or Stranger?
  • It's Ulla
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • thank you

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!