Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • HJ, Tweety and others have said everything I also would say only without mentioning llamas I noticed, especially Elliots of reflecting on the gig after hearing the album come September. We all take different things from gigs and sometimes the performances merge in our memories but I always remember the before and after gigs shenanigans, I'll remember the gig as it'll stand out but the meeting old board friends with faces sits as the best memory of all. The gig was pure lost in the bliss of strings to me and speaking of um.. "lost"

In the words of Duke Michael of Buble
    "..cos you are not alone, I'm always there with you, and we'll get lost together"

A point Ping mentioned (I'm sure it was but I'll be corrected) , after the gig and seeing the mirrored smiles of us all, is the shared human experience that drives our blissful adventures without even getting into the nuddy and doing the rudey. These are the things that my dreams are made of (and the nuddy/rudey parts with Alison but that's another story haha)

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Geez, with the strings kinda like floating up in the air like that....kinda freaky!  Kinda like angels looking down on Alison or something.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-18 08:13:51
  • @paolo_t did the group picture you took at the end come out?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-10-20 10:09:27
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Thanks all for sharring the photos. All those going tonight enjoy.
  • Queue size update: me.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • So how bad was the heat last night?
  • Guys, can you please post photos in a separate thread (or at least resize them).

My mobile data allowance is not big enough for massive photos!
  • @mrfozzie
    Pretty bad, they even gave out water bottles in the front. Judging by the forecast it's going to be even hotter tonight! :-S
  • @Mrfozzie super super hot!!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • alex_f said:

@mrfozzie
    Pretty bad, they even gave out water bottles in the front. Judging by the forecast it's going to be even hotter tonight! :-S

Yea im supposed to be going but this heat is,frankly killing me already
    :-&so may just pass on this one
  • You might want to wear shorts and tshirts guys. There is no air conditioning. And if you have ticket stubs or flyers (grab the flyers in the Q!) you will need them to fan yourselves. Not joking!

• mrfozzie said:

alex_f said:

@mrfozzie

Yea im supposed to be going but this heat is,frankly killing me already
    :-&so may just pass on this one

@mrfozzie: if you're not going i'd be very much interested in your ticket
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • I've been to hotter gigs and in a mosh but I was younger, it was more discomfort of sweat rolling down body parts than anything else for me. Just take water and regularly drink some (to jealous looks around you) , the toilets are in the basement ie go down before you go up um...oo- er.
  • But a good sweat is so healthy for you... I love a good one.

With all the talk of sweat and tea, I'm almost sorry I didn't go. I mean, next someone's going to mention good music, or something.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!