Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • Still in trance after the freaking awesome night! Fantastic gig, probably the best I've attended, Alison even chatting between songs, what happened?! That was so lovely, as well as meeting many of you! Wish I could stay longer!

Here some pictures:

http://www.goldfrappmania.com/media/photo#uri=media/photo/fans/59

not as much as I wanted, but I had some emotional moments and it was harder than I was expecting

My Goldfrapp fan website http://www.goldfrappmania.com
    My Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/paolo.tozzo
  • Still desperately looking for one ticket!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • ^ dreeke I saw a guy on twitter just a few mins ago saying he had a spare ticket @tonyshoesmith
  • @TonyShoesmith (not sure if the capitals make a difference)
  • Dreeke said:

Pinch me.

Hugs all round seem like a better idea.  So glad it was so great.  Alison wore that black outfit during the whole show?  That kinda fits what I expected.

Can't find a bowing emoticon, either (thinking of all of those pictures from Alan), but I'm bowing to the ground to all you lucky dogs that were there last night and will be there tonight.  As someone said above, can't wait for September!  But, that's not new!.

• ping said:

@TonyShoesmith (not sure if the capitals make a difference)

Thanks for that tip ping. Fingers crossed....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • HJ, Tweety and others have said everything I also would say only without mentioning llamas I noticed, especially Elliots of reflecting on the gig after hearing the album come September. We all take different things from gigs and sometimes the performances merge in our memories but I always remember the before and after gigs shenanigans, I'll remember the gig as it'll stand out but the meeting old board friends with faces sits as the best memory of all. The gig was pure lost in the bliss of strings to me and speaking of um.. "lost"

In the words of Duke Michael of Buble
    "..cos you are not alone, I'm always there with you, and we'll get lost together"

A point Ping mentioned (I'm sure it was but I'll be corrected) , after the gig and seeing the mirrored smiles of us all, is the shared human experience that drives our blissful adventures without even getting into the nuddy and doing the rudey. These are the things that my dreams are made of (and the nuddy/rudey parts with Alison but that's another story haha)

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Hottest gig in town! Steamy....

• Geez, with the strings kinda like floating up in the air like that....kinda freaky!  Kinda like angels looking down on Alison or something.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-18 08:13:51
  • @paolo_t did the group picture you took at the end come out?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-10-20 10:09:27
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Thanks all for sharring the photos. All those going tonight enjoy.
  • Queue size update: me.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • So how bad was the heat last night?
  • Guys, can you please post photos in a separate thread (or at least resize them).

My mobile data allowance is not big enough for massive photos!
    Formerly known as alex_t.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!