Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Mitre hotel (full of Frappers for MIF gig) aka GMB HQ
  • 147 Comments sorted by
  • Oh, can I get a bus from Piccadilly stn to mitre? Was gonna get taxi, but maybe they'd see me coming...
  • Over night flight Nova Scotia to London - train to Manc.
    If all goes according to plan will arrive in Manc around 3:00 pm Wednesday.
    Now the travel anxiety.
    See you!
    DP
  • HJ, its about ten mins walk from Piccadilly station I'd say, but if you are laden with luggage taxi it or wait for the free bus that loops around the city centre :)

• FREE BUSES :O  What is this craziness you speak of??  I am utterly impressed.  The buses in Dublin are so expensive!!

@Chokka thanks for that, taxi it is for me so.

@DiscoPony 'travel anxiety' I love it!  It's so true.  Safe journey to you & I look forward to making your acquaintance, I missed you at Union Chapel. 
  • Haha yep there are minibuses with a big number 1,2 or 3 on the side that go round the centre...
  • Thanks for tips chokka! Just a light bag, but wanna get there asap, so... either bus or taxi for me. Taxi can't be toooo much, Shirley?
  • Are taxis that efficient in the UK? Here, I find that a 10-minute walk is often quicker than the optional taxi ride.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • @Una that was exactly my point.  But, you're still a trooper for wearing heels.  A lot of women in America carrry heels and wear tennis shoes to work...just a thought.
  • I'd walk it (head down Market Street) but in a taxi its just a few quid I'd say

• @Whickwithy oh :)  I love the way you say 'tennis shoes' hee hee!  We say 'runners' here in Ireland.
    The done thing here is a pair of flats in your bag.  Unfortunately my bag is tiny, I'll bring them in the case, just in case I change my mind!
  • @Una I like "runners" better.  I tried tennis once.  Hated it.  Of course, that was in temps around 100 (38C?) and I have a hard time even with frisbee, then.  Back pockets for really, really flat flats might work.

• Getting from the airport to Manc Piccadilly is reallly easy peasy. Once you've arrived at the Mac Piccadilly station it's a really easy walk about 20 mins to the Mitre.
    There's people from the MIF at the station and they're really helpfull in getting directions.
    See you all tomorrow!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • See you around two-ish when Mitre check-in time opens.

Will be in Manc from 12 or so - if anybody sees somebody looking like my avatar in a Dave Gahan t-shirt then say hello!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • lol i'll look out for you.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • See you around two-ish when Mitre check-in time opens.

Will be in Manc from 12 or so - if anybody sees somebody looking like my avatar in a Dave Gahan t-shirt then say hello!

LOL I'm in town around that time... Look out for a vacant expression in a Tim Burton t shirt....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!