Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Human demo
  • Hi all,

My first actual thread, I'm feeling quite shy to start any, but thought I would start with one I've been curious about for a while.

Has anyone heard/got even the infamous demo of Human that kind of gelled Alison and Wil's relationship back in the very beginning?

I would love to hear it, have not found it on youtube, I am kind of assuming it's one of those things that's locked away in a cupboard and if it ever does see the light of day, it's going to take a while. I can't imagine it being at all bad as this was after all what lead to Goldfrapp being formed.

I am quite into obscure demo tracks, I haven't ever come across any Goldfrapp demos though, again maybe they are locked away in a cupboard never to see the light of day
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • 49 Comments sorted by
  • I'd love to hear this too and every few years I remember it and go on a mad searching spree....to no avail.

One day, BM, one day!

{crosses fingers}
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I'd love to hear this too and every few years I remember it and go on a mad searching spree....to no avail.

One day, BM, one day!

{crosses fingers}

Perhaps on some Felt Mountain  anniversary deluxe Edition eh ;)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-13 14:10:50
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • What's this Human demo that I hear of?

Radio mix? Single mix?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet

• Alan said:

What's this Human demo that I hear of?

Radio mix? Single mix?

Hi Alan,

from the Goldfrapp wikipedia entry:

"In 1999, she was introduced to composer Will Gregory after he had listened to an early version of the song "Human". Gregory felt a connection with Goldfrapp and invited her to record a demo for the film soundtrack he was composing, to see if they could work together."

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-13 14:13:16
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

• Alan said:

What's this Human demo that I hear of?

Radio mix? Single mix?

Hi Alan,

from the Goldfrapp wikipedia entry:

"In 1999, she was introduced to composer Will Gregory after he had listened to an early version of the song "Human". Gregory felt a connection with Goldfrapp and invited her to record a demo for the film soundtrack he was composing, to see if they could work together."

Interesting! Please include me in the 'desperate to hear' list, too. :D
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Yeah I would have thought if anyone can find it then it's the guy who currates the great Goldfrapp Juke Box site  ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Alan said:

Yeah I would have thought if anyone can find it then it's the guy who currates the great Goldfrapp Juke Box site  ;)

Hehe, I would've thought so too.

Alas. :(
  • Alan silly question but that Hillbilly version of Ooh La, La, where does it come from? I mean where was it released, I have a live version but was unaware of a studio recording sounds really, really good.

Happy hunting Human (demo) like I say if anyone can do it..... :)

Though, sadly it is locked away somewhere out of reach. I had a couple of other thoughts, I wonder if this was part of a demo that led to Goldfrapp being signed and a terrible what if, what if they have lost the tape and that's the reason why it's not seen the light of day. I am guessing though Alison doesn't really want us to hear demo tracks, I could be wrong but I'm not sure and of course respect if that's how she feels, though we would all love to hear them.

cheers
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Alan silly question but that Hillbilly version of Ooh La, La, where does it come from? I mean where was it released, I have a live version but was unaware of a studio recording sounds really, really good.

Look up 'Goldfrapp iTunes Originals (2008)'. It's not quite a studio version but very close. Its official title is 'iTunes Originals Version'. Can't quite remember where I got the hillbilly name from. :)
  • Alan said:

Look up 'Goldfrapp iTunes Originals (2008)'. It's not quite a studio version but very close. Its official title is 'iTunes Originals Version'. Can't quite remember where I got the hillbilly name from. :)

Well Alison has said it hasn't she? She certainly introduced it as such at the Little Noise Concert in 2011 ;) so yeah that's fine it's kind of unofficially officially the Hillbilly version
    :o3
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Alan said:

Can't quite remember where I got the hillbilly name from. :)

dont they call it that in the talky between bit? i'm gonna have to go listen now.... 
  • I definitely recall Alison saying it, either between sings on that or in a radio interview....or, er, somewhere entirely different.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Yeah, the name certainly came from one of the interviews. Now I remember.
  • I'd still love to get a rehearsal version of Sartorius and Little Death too. I didn't know about Human though, so add me to the list lol.
    Post edited by UpOnThe101 at 2013-06-13 20:14:19
  • I'd still love to get a rehearsal version of Sartorius and Little Death too. I didn't know about Human though, so add me to the list lol.

Studio versions of those would be sublime!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!