Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Human demo
  • 49 Comments sorted by
  • I'm also very, very curious about this little snippet (from Alison's wikipedia entry)

Goldfrapp's interest in music began in Alton, where she sang briefly in a
    band called Fashionable Living Death, formed with anarchist friends,
    and was involved in other bands, including Demented Children, Waste
    Product and Creatures of Darkness

I've got something in common there and I will say no more. I actually looked up Fashionable Living Death (quite a cool name;))) a little while ago, Alison wasn't on any of their demos but maybe a rehearsal tape exists somewhere??? She really has such an eclectic musical personality doesn't she.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Anyone had success finding Human demo yet?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Anyone had success finding Human demo yet?

Honestly, Alan, I'd really not waste time posting on this one - you could be doing so for years yet! :))

One thing's for sure - if we find it we'll make sure you get it too :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Yeah as long as it takes for the ultimate Felt Mountain deluxe package eh ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Alan said:

Anyone had success finding Human demo yet?

Honestly, Alan, I'd really not waste time posting on this one - you could be doing so for years yet! :))

One thing's for sure - if we find it we'll make sure you get it too :)

It never hurts to ask. ;) Plus, you just never know, it may mysteriously pop up one day like Strict Machine Instrumental did. Out of the blue y'know. :D
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet

• from the Goldfrapp wikipedia entry:"
    In 1999, she was introduced to composer Will Gregory after he had listened to an early version of the song "Human". Gregory felt a connection with Goldfrapp and invited her to record a demo for the film soundtrack he was composing, to see if they could work together.

What is the 'film soundtrack' mentioned?  Is it 'Accelerator'?
    Re Wikipedia: There is an ongoing interest / gag regarding Ms Goldfrapp's date of birth.  The Wikipedia entry for the date of Ms Goldfrapp's birth quotes this page as a reference.  I defy anyone to read it and keep a straight face.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-14 14:13:38

• softlad said:

What is the 'film soundtrack' mentioned?  Is it 'Accelerator'?
    Re Wikipedia: There is an ongoing interest / gag regarding Ms Goldfrapp's date of birth.  The Wikipedia entry for the date of Ms Goldfrapp's birth quotes this page as a reference.  I defy anyone to read it and keep a straight face.

Hi there softlad,

Christian Perez?  That's a new one on me, am I missing something?

I'm not sure what the film soundtrack was, give me the opportunity and I'd love to write, or contribute to researching the extensive Goldfrapp biography ;) I will say that one of the earliest works of Wil Gregory I am familiar with is the early 1990's British film about undercover cops and football hooliganism 'ID', and despite it being from the 1990's the music is so damn 80's those Roland synths eh :)

OK another thing I was thinking by collective will the 'Human' demo could turn up, if we all say an agreed mantra at an agreed time then the psychic energy should be strong enough ;)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-14 15:34:28
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I have tucked away in my collection,the mute contract demo cd that goldfrapp used to get their contract,and was given to me by a contact at mute years ago,it contains 4 tracks.....the disc is hand written with a paper cover.and are all slightly different versions,with Utopia being a totally different mix.......hope that sheds some light onto the debate..

01-Ompa Bungalow

02-Deer Stop

03-Human

04-Utopia

Post edited by nuwebb at 2013-06-14 20:09:35
  • sounds really interesting nuwebb, but I guess we are all on about this version of Human that Alison made before her and Wil actually met, not that I wouldn't love to hear that CD ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Gee, thanks for the tease.
  • I swear, this is about when poor Alan was effectively ostracized.  So, is it a nicer crowd now or more apathetic?
  • I think more balanced personalities now. I'm still a relative newbie but even in my time, there were some self opinionated whack jobs on here, and it is they that have departed.
    It is that level of pomposity that makes me believe some could creep back when whatever it is called breaks!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yah.  Fuck 'em.  Speaking of fuck 'em.  I went through a company buy-out once and everybody was whingeing about this or that and, I swear, the magic phrase was, "Fuck 'em".  It was kinda like putting on "Birds of fire" at a party.  Everybody would just walk away mumbling.  I swear to god, you ever want to end a party in a hurry, just put this on.  Most people can't think.  All conversations will end within less than three minutes.
  • Hahaha!  I'm not even going to try to find the post where I mention "Birds of Fire"  but, I thought I should mention that it is by Mahavishnu Orchestra which includes Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin.  The crazy thing is that I put it on when I was finding the link and it is playing the whole album.  Like I'm not on fire enough already.  Yikes!
  • Whenever Rocket was first released, it was an utter shit show. Been a long time since I saw a group of fans collapse on itself like that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!