Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 56 Comments sorted by
  • Of course, some of you lucky dogs get to have it seep into your ears as early as July 17 or 18.  And, I'm not complaining.

In some ways that`s worse .....let me make the case for the accused m`lud  .....when we get to hear it but still have to wait until September , its like being allowed to lick all the chocolates in a box but you can`t actually eat any until September 

"I wouldn`t touch the ones on the left , I`ve licked them"
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

its like being allowed to lick all the chocolates

There is that.  Would you like to give me your ticket?
    :D
  • I did say `some` ways and if you look in a dictionary , you`ll see my post as the definition of "tenuous" , I won`t list the pluses as people might start crying . 
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • The infection in my right ear, originally from a long running case of swimmers ear, has returned. I've got a docs appt on Thursday but for now I've got about 60% hearing in it, a constant tone and the inner-ear is swollen and sore.........

........which means I can't fit a headphone ear-bud in AND loud music makes it warm & painful.

I need a hug but really I need to be able to hear music properly again. This, of all things, is my kryptonite.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

•  infection in my right ear,

Goodness.  Good luck with that.  Doctors should be able to clear that up pretty quick, right?  I want to suggest a home remedy but I'm biting my tongue, instead.  As a backup, I'll just say there are are ton of home remedies on the web.  I guess a noise suppression plug in the infected ear won't work either?
  • Sartori said:

I did say `some` ways

Ha!  Yeah, you did.  That's okay, I'm accepting the facts.  Unfortunately, this was not completely a case of "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change", which makes it a bit more frustrating.
  •  I guess a noise suppression plug in the infected ear won't work either?

Waaaayyy too swollen inside for that. No ear-plugs of any sort are getting anywhere near!
  • The infection in my right ear, originally from a long running case of swimmers ear, has returned. I've got a docs appt on Thursday but for now I've got about 60% hearing in it, a constant tone and the inner-ear is swollen and sore.........

........which means I can't fit a headphone ear-bud in AND loud music makes it warm & painful.

I need a hug but really I need to be able to hear music properly again. This, of all things, is my kryptonite.

When I had that I was climbing the walls with pain , my girlfriend hid all the medicine from me . It took about 3 days for mine to go down to sensible levels . I can send you some of the yellow ear defenders gratis for the gig if you want some , let me know ? 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-09 15:54:42
  • Cheers but if I even attempted to put one of those in I'd be liable to pass out and/or punch the person that gave me them.

Not maybe the best plan, then, but ta all the same.
  • And a big hug as well ....but I`ll have a shower first , its a bit warm here

• Waaaayyy too swollen inside for that. No ear-plugs of any sort are getting anywhere near!

How about those runway headphone thingy's for suppressing noise.  I'm obviously thinking in terms of the concert.

*Hugs*, by the way.
  • Cheers but if I even attempted to put one of those in I'd be liable to pass out and/or punch the person that gave me them.

Not maybe the best plan, then, but ta all the same.

Sorry I edited "for the gig" in , the headphone types suppress all frequencies , the foam insert types are designed to leave vocal frequencies alone (as a vague explanation) if you are thinking about the gig in terms of "Jesu H. Goldfrapp my ears are going to cry" , I would try just cotton wool over the earhole bit , taped onto your ear if necessary  (it`ll also make you look like you`ve been in the ring with Mike Tyson ... I`ll have to reuse that line for the double entendres thread :) )
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-09 16:03:34
  • Sartori said:

the headphone types suppress all frequencies

Yeah, the point of the headphone types is that you just put the one for the good ear behind it, instead of over it.  One ear is better than none....maybe.  :-/
  • Sartori said:

the headphone types suppress all frequencies

Yeah, the point of the headphone types is that you just put the one for the good ear behind it, instead of over it.  One ear is better than none....maybe.  :-/

It can give you a headache , I`ve had to wear them for 30 years (in work not in the house of course) . I now tend to use the yellow sponge ones ,
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-09 16:32:26

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!