Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • The way Alison sings the words "ancient stars" at about 30sec into the trailer video makes me go all giddy. :\">

It's that sensual breathy thing she does where words slur and roll off the end of their lines.

Just so spot on.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • folklore said:

chokka said:

Ok I just caved and listened to the Tales Of Us trailer... Now I'm freaking out.... Annabel may be the new Clowns.... I'm.sure we all know what I'm referring to... :)

It's about tits?

Lol no i Meant that Clowns attracted a lot of love early on in the album campaign just for sounding so beautiful :)
  • I'm quite confused at the album being released two months after the live premiere? Going to avoid the live versions will be difficult! Only avoiding as may fall in love with live version that sounds nothing like studio version

UNLESS

the reason the album is released two months after is because the bonus cd or dvd in the deluxe box will be one of the manchester gigs?
  • chokka - :) glad it's hit you so beautifully! I don't know what to think of Annabel at the minute!
  • The whole concept/proper album thing is something I've always wanted from Goldfrapp. Excited (again) :D

• Felt Mountain was also a concept album though. Sort of 'man vs. machine' themes running throughout it. Even her voice seems to be battling machines (Deer Stop, Lovely Head etc.) not to mention the lyrics and the sounds, but the concept never became the most important aspect of the album to the point where it overtook or controlled the music which is where I think a lot of them fail. I hope 'Tales of Us' will be similar in that respect :)
  • I'll tell you what I'm reminded of...Virginia Woolf's "The Waves". I haven't read it in ages..but there are 6 character monologues...each represented by a single name. Hmmm, "Tales of Us" with a name for each track reminds me of the same concept...except musically. For some odd reason I'm drawing a parallel:

The Waves, first published in 1931, is Virginia Woolf's most experimental novel. It consists of soliloquies spoken by the book's six characters: Bernard, Susan, Rhoda, Neville, Jinny, and Louis. Also important is Percival, the seventh character, though readers never hear him speak through his own voice. The monologues that span the characters' lives are broken up by nine brief third-person interludes detailing a coastal scene at varying stages in a day from sunrise to sunset.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • folklore said:

It's about tits?

It kinda might be, a bit.. She said it was based on a book about someone who is inter gender so it kinda is about tits or the lack of them??? I'll have to read the book.
    folklore said:

I'm quite confused at the album being released two months after the live premiere?

br>
    the reason the album is released two months after is because the bonus cd or dvd in the deluxe box will be one of the manchester gigs?

I'm sure the gigs are been recorded, I saw a company on twitter saying they were looking forward to filming them.
  • Which company?
  • Toasted productions
  • Here's the tweet..,,

@toastedmedia: Listening to @goldfrapp on the @bbc6music on @bbcradmac talking about @MIFestival. Look forward to filming the Albert Hall show!
  • Thanks :) Lets hope we see it instead of it being locked away like every live show filmed in recent years. 8->
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-06-13 03:25:39
  • I think I'll avoid the footage though until at least the album is released. I really like the idea of listening to a completed album filled with songs you haven't heard before, and knowing it's exactly as the artist intended. Of course I'd like even more if I could experience them in person but as it's impossible I'd prefer to wait and refrain, and I'm expecting this to be VERY difficult if everyone is talking about the songs :P

Anyway I really hope they record this professionally and release it, perhaps it'll be on the DVD of the deluxe edition?
  • Not really keen on the idea of a "Concept Album" , it`ll end in tears and involve Phil Collins 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Not really keen on the idea of a "Concept Album" , it`ll end in tears and involve Phil Collins 

Look on the bright side - you might get a fantastic album AND Phil Collins in tears!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!