Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • Im super envious of Dreeke but I like the positive endorsements of this new record...
  • Barry Manilow - "Bermuda Triangle"

Go ahead, judge me.
  • An 80`s version of `300`
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-09 06:40:37
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Barry Manilow - "Bermuda Triangle"

Go ahead, judge me.

Hahaha!  I love it and it makes me feel less awkward about some of my "outliers".  "A Pocketful of Sunshine" always comes to mind.  *facepalm*
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-09 07:15:34
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Polystyrene (RIP)

Dode Pink Dub

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • jozzy81 said:

Hate the fact that people can listen to TALES OF US a full 63 days before it's release, why can't just wait till september makes the excitement more interesting on launch.....

Jozzy, it might be worth having another read of the comments made. It was a press thing to prepare for an interview. It would be a bit difficult to work up some great questions & conversation having heard nothing. It's not a case of not being able to wait but somebody doing what they do professionally & having chance for some thought in advance.

Hope you don't me commenting, Dreeke, and I hope I have things right.

Thing is, this is all cynical marketing, isn't it.

Okay, if you are selling the lastest album by a teen boy band, that will lose it's appeal after a year or so, then you want to pre hype the album to such an extent that people will be falling over themselves to pre-order the album in their thousands or buy on day of release to get high in the charts. Then when the fans actually realise, after a week/month or so it's not really very good (apart from than one great single they spent all the money on) the record company have already made their money back.

Surely if Tales Of Us is that good and a 'serious' record then it doesn't need a chart position and it doesn't need this kind of pre-hype/press. Why can't they just release it, then do interviews and then promote it (no leak problems!!!).

That used to be what the single was all about, to promote the album. We haven't had a single yet and people are having pre-listening the album over a month before release. Honestly. As much as I love Goldfrapp I will have no sympathy for the record label WHEN it leaks! :-/
  • me:

Bent ft. Jon Marsh - We Watch The Stars

• Metric-Synthetica
    Tears just started over you but I'm not over you...
    www.myspace.com/queenadreenauk
  • Garbage - one mile high...live (blu-ray)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • And one of my favourite tracks ever , the bass alone will rip out your liver like Hannibal Lecter with the munchies . 

Leftfield - Dusted

"Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Surely if Tales Of Us is that good and a 'serious' record then it doesn't need a chart position and it doesn't need this kind of pre-hype/press. Why can't they just release it, then do interviews and then promote it (no leak problems!!!).

I often think that the second the album leaks it might as well be on sale legally too. There will be people who will want to buy a cd or legal download as soon as they can, hype or not, so they might as well be doing so - they won't be lost sales down the line or be tempted to grab a dodgy download ahead of time.

I think half the problem is that so many bands, even mid to large scale ones, feel like they're shouting over the many, many others fighting for air. So they stick to the old model but ramp it up a bit thus achieving not that much more in the long run.

Went to see Ben Wheatley's new film "A Field In England" on Friday night. On the same day it was on Film 4 for free, VOD, DVD & blu-ray yet the screening was still mostly full of ticket buying people. No staggering , just a weeks build up and everybody ended up happy,
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Chimes and pads , woot !   Suite 02 by fuckmylife

Suite 02 by fuckmylife
  • Genius. This is incredible... well if you're in the mood for ambient :-)

Donna Summer - I Feel Love (Time-stretched Version) 45mins

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-07-09 17:11:46

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!