Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • Union of Knives - Evil Has Never

http://youtu.be/ulKxGZU7YrU
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Dreeke said:

Sisters of Mercy - This Corrosion

No idea why but I've had cravings to play a lot of Sisters stuff recently.

Hardly goes with the bright sunny weather! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Pink Floyd
    "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun"
    Live at Pompeii

Love it.  So, you must know "Careful with that axe, Eugene!"  Cracks me up every time I hear it.

Yeah, and "One Of These Days". I'm all over the earlier Floyd rather than the later versions of the band.

Just a hippy at heart - must be!

• Hahaha!  I get your point, Dreeke.  So, it's just me that wouldn't be listening to anything else until after the release (maybe the concert, if I were going. Sigh).

:)
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-08 16:16:13
  • Yeah, and "One Of These Days". I'm all over the earlier Floyd rather than the later versions of the band.

All of Meddle is some of my very favorite tunes.  They had so MUCH music before "Dark Side of the Moon"!  Atom Heart Mother, Ummmagumma, Obscured by Clouds, Pipers at the gates of Dawn, A saucerful of Secrets, Meddle.  In that way, they remind me a lot of some of the best musicians, such as Goldfrapp.  They didn't give a crap about success as much as just making the sounds they wanted to make.  Actually, the first round of Fleetwood Mac reminds me the same.  Pink Floyd may also have the longet Wiki entry I've ever seen!  As I was reviewing, for some reason, I get Meddle and Obscured by Clouds confused.  Age, I guess.  They are both awesome.  Damn, yeah!  "Free Four", "Childhood's End" (named after an awesome Arthur C. Clarke book, I think). 
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-08 16:26:34
  • A whole mess of Tangerine Dream.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Cocteau Twins - Lorelei......how does/did she make those sounds....sigh.

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Hahaha!  I get your point, Dreeke.  So, it's just me that wouldn't be listening to anything else until after the release (maybe the concert, if I were going. Sigh).

:)

Trust me, I would ge listening to it 24/7, but that's just not healthy.
    So me and the missus switched to other awesome music.

Now playing Saturday Morning Picture Show by Oceansize.
    Loving it
    Post edited by Dreeke at 2013-07-08 16:42:30
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Wull, yeah!  You gotta take time for sleep.  ;)
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-08 17:36:43
  • Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry...
  • Hate the fact that people can listen to TALES OF US a full 63 days before it's release, why can't just wait till september makes the excitement more interesting on launch.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • jozzy81 said:

Hate the fact that people can listen to TALES OF US a full 63 days before it's release, why can't just wait till september makes the excitement more interesting on launch.....

Perks of the job.  I was trying to figure out how to pass myself off as a press person.  Ha!
  • jozzy81 said:

Hate the fact that people can listen to TALES OF US a full 63 days before it's release, why can't just wait till september makes the excitement more interesting on launch.....

Jozzy, it might be worth having another read of the comments made. It was a press thing to prepare for an interview. It would be a bit difficult to work up some great questions & conversation having heard nothing. It's not a case of not being able to wait but somebody doing what they do professionally & having chance for some thought in advance.

Hope you don't me commenting, Dreeke, and I hope I have things right.

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-08 17:58:01
  • I am ambivalent about other people listening to it , journos need to listen to it earlier on as they need to provide reviews before or around release date (and as above as Mr C writes) , talking generally and not specifically . Sounds like a perk I suppose...until they have to review a new Celine Dion album .

Francesco Rossi – Paper Aeroplane (Tom Staar Remix)

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-08 18:02:44
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Bells said:

"Hello to my people"
    Yes I'm listening to Empire of the Sun's album Ice on the Dune. Love it \:D/

I particularly like "Old Favours" , my favourite track on the album .

So far Alive and DNA for me. Concert Pitch is a grower. Just a nice dancey little number of an album. I love their Facebook page as its very colourful  :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!