Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Moderators (were) Needed!
  • Hello there everyone! We hope you've been enjoying the new forum.

We are looking for some user moderators to keep the forum clean, tidy and running smoothly.

If you're interested, please let us know in this thread. We will then be in touch.

Thank you!

-DeerModerator

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-05 08:53:08
  • 178 Comments sorted by
  • rewak said:

Kiyuri said:

Oh VictorMeldrewaksexyMcFace, you always think so little of me. I have to behave because the guy who physically and sexually abuses me has a TAZapper now.

That to me would just an incentive to misbehave  ;)

NOW you're getting it!

At least in my imagination you are. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm here all week.
  • House rules, tweety?

1) Don't be crappy to others.

2) Virtual cake all round. It's just over there - look!

3) Spam should stay in the can in was supplied in.

I'd honestly hope those three could/would/should cover anything (especially the cake one).
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I don't mind mucking in and I think Halloween Jack mentioned he'd be up for it too. Best let him confirm that though - it's been a long week and I'm losing track!

EDIT: I should probably add an edit with a bit more detail like my esteemed colleagues (well, you know, them lot) below. I'm here most days and my day job includes supporting AD backends and a very large email directory. Trust me,very large. To be fair they're probably less hassle  combined than here would be.

Basically, I've walked more directories than somebody building a ladder out of Yellow Pages.

I didn't promise my jokes would be funny - just that I want to do my bit on here :D
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-19 15:05:54
  • Hello DeerMod! Yup, as I mentioned earlier... I am available and willing to do some of that.

Have been on the (old) board since 2005, and (I hope?) other members trust me, lol.

I can list my experience in a PM if you'd like.

Elliot/HJ

EDIT: You beat me to it, Carpy! :)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-19 13:37:16
  • I also don`t mind doing it , I`m already a moderator on another bands forum , a php forum put together by admin called Pocki . Ran well , had 2 major spam infestations which we beat off with sticks and the delete button. 
    Member since 2004 . I assume job is deleting spam or delete requested posts , moving wrongly posted posts to their appropriate categories , having a separate mods category and having my name in a different colour .

For those reading this , my powers didn`t extend to telling off people or taking the upper hand in any discussion , or anything else .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-19 14:00:35
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I second all three of those.

Carpy for class president!
    HJ for head prefect!
    and Sartori for monitor of the milk!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • im up for it to if chosen.
  • I too shall second Carpy, Elliot and Sartori. IT savvy (very) and fair and committed to the GMB (sorry, GMF) running as smoothly as possible for the real (mad) fans here. It really is like our comfy crash pad and we dislike squatters. I would offer myself but really am not here enough usually whereas these three are.

Thank you.

Sophie_Banner
  • I can vouch for Carpy!

Halloween_Jack runs a guesthouse so he must be used to moderating actual people in that real life thingy we all try and avoid!
  • What if people go on a power trip?? I must revolt immediately. Stay away! I'm revolting!
  • i'm happy with any of you guys that have volunteered your services, and thanks in advance
  • I can vouch for Carpy!

Halloween_Jack runs a guesthouse so he must be used to moderating actual people.........

Actual real people?! In 3D and everything?!

@-)
  • folklore said:

What if people go on a power trip??

Fascist, Baby ;) :D
  • folklore said:

What if people go on a power trip?? I must revolt immediately. Stay away! I'm revolting!

i can see you're revolting! 
  • Halloween_Jack runs a guesthouse so he must be used to moderating actual people in that real life thingy we all try and avoid!

I would only ever moderate in small amounts!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!