Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What's Your Favourite Goldfrapp Album - At The Mo?.
  • 107 Comments sorted by
  • Agreed, the best electronica albums are BC and SN, hands down.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Headfirst.  I like even if nobody else does. 
    :P
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Felt Mountain for sure. My boyfriend at the time worked in a record store (back when they still existed here in the states) and brought home a promo copy a couple of weeks after it was released.

We took some tabs, popped it in the boom-box and mobbed our way thru the backyard to the north fork of the American River in the Sierra Nevadas of California. One of the best nights of my life...

Seventh Tree is a very close second but I manage to find that every Goldfrapp album works for a certain time, season or event.

hunter

P.S. Thanks Matt, wherever you may be, for bringing Goldfrapp home that night.
    Post edited by hunter at 2013-07-29 17:13:33
  • Like them all but i guess i listen to Seventh tree the most.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • 1. Felt Mountain [10/10]
    2. Seventh Tree [9/10]
    3. Black Cherry [7/10]
    4. Supernature [6/10]
    5. Head First [4/10]

I've not heard all of Tales Of Us as yet, but from what I have heard, it could ank quite high. 

I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • At the moment, none of them.

I always stop listening or even thinking about Goldfrapp music in the couple of weeks or so leading to a new album. I want to hear the new one on it's own merits without subconsciously piling on older stuff before I hear it and thus listening to it in that context.

It's just how I prep the ground for it!

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I have been listening to the We are Glitter release quite a bit lately. 
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • have'nt listened to a goldfrapp track for a bit eva might do what Carpy's doing.... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • right now it's Seventh Tree....if only Caravan Girl wasn't on that album..it'd be perfect

• Seventh Tree, followed by Supernature.
  • stevil said:

right now it's Seventh Tree....if only Caravan Girl wasn't on that album..it'd be perfect

I really like Caravan Girl, and can't understand why people don't like the song.
  • I like it too, but the video was hideous and put me off it for a while. It's Happiness that you can keep.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I don't think I could poss answer this as it is always dependent on mood. I have found myself in a similar situation to Carpy though I seem to be subconsciously avoiding them all at the moment.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Cervus said:

I don't think I could poss answer this as it is always dependent on mood. I have found myself in a similar situation to Carpy though I seem to be subconsciously avoiding them all at the moment.

It'll do you well - hitting a new album fresh is the best way.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I have snippets of Drew that keep pinging into my mind both audio ('remember the time........'  and the strings) and visual (most notably her turning away from the window)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!