Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Siouxsie Sioux!!!!!
  • 53 Comments sorted by
  • where did you find confirmation of the new solo album? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPTmGM_RlYo
    Post edited by subrussian at 2013-06-23 14:50:00
  • Thanks Subrussian. I guess those performances are going to be one off yes. It will be interesting to see what Siouxsie will do next, she sure surprised everyone by doing the shows in the first place and it was great there was so much mystery as to what would be played, at least no one can say she is predictable.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • How the hell do you pronounce this?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Most people just say Susie Sue I find ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Most people just say Susie Sue I find ;)

Why couldn't they just write so?! Sorry, this kinda pretentiousness annoys me.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Are they any good at least?

Sorry, don't mean to disrespect anyone's taste. I'm genuinely curious.
  • I only said it's how most people pronounce, not that it's how you pronounce! It's up for debate really.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Thank you. For the longest, I had no clue as to how to pronounce it. In my head, it always sounded like 'see-ooks-see-ooks'. I know.
  • Alan said:

Are they any good at least?

Sorry, don't mean to disrespect anyone's taste. I'm genuinely curious.

Hey no worries. Well a lot of us seem to love her. I think the main thing with Siouxsie is she changed the dynamics a lot for women in rock/pop music, clearly very empowering and quite a figure for the dispossessed.

Really it's hard to know if your tastes would suit the banshees, a few people have posted their choices

give these a go

I can't guarantee you will like them, but I picked them especially for you ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • @Border_Mind thank you for taking your time to post these. I'm afraid it's not my cuppa tea.

I prefer more contemporary stuff like iamamiwhoami, Daft Punk, RATATAT, Ellie Goulding, Roisin Murphy, Paloma Faith, Planningtorock, even Marina & her damn diamonds.
  • I did kinda guess she might be too old school for you... But then again Roisin Murphy and Daft Punk have been around a long time, not quite as long as Siouxise granted.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I did kinda guess she might be too old school for you... But then again Roisin Murphy and Daft Punk have been around a long time, not quite as long as Siouxise granted.

Does SS have more contemporary stuff though? At least, Roisin and Daft Punk keep up with the times by upgrading their sound.
    Post edited by Alan at 2013-06-24 11:04:51
  • Alan said:

I did kinda guess she might be too old school for you... But then again Roisin Murphy and Daft Punk have been around a long time, not quite as long as Siouxise granted.

Does SS have more contemporary stuff though? At least, Roisin and Daft Punk keep up with the times by upgrading their sound.

I would say she does. Siouxsie always varies her sound and I think has moved with the times, but rarely is she in the mainstream. Siouxsie and The Banshees were arguably innovators of the whole goth/post-punk kind of sound which I am guessing isn't your cup of tea.

Did you ever like Basement Jaxx? Siouxsie did a duet with them, well some time ago. Her last album Mantaray has something of a dancey vibe around it, but a bit more eclectic, you know in some ways not a million miles away from Goldfrapp, she's heavily into the strings and  has been a long time now. Charlie Jones Goldfrapp bass player was on that album, it was the last thing she released, now six years ago, but she's over 50 and can afford to take her time when she wants to release stuff.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-24 11:15:01
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • @Border_Mind alas, never heard of them before. They must be old-school just like SS, right?
  • yeah, it was a surprise when i found out that Charlie was a co-writer of the best songs on album!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!