Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Siouxsie Sioux!!!!!

• Really briefly

I've just got back from seeing Siouxsie at Yoko Ono's meltdown.

I won't give a full on review except to say, in my top ten all time gigs, she sounded and looked amazing, I thought I was watching a 20 something, not a 56 year old. She played the 1980 Banshees album Kaleidoscope in it's entirety, and the rest of the set consisted mainly of Banshees numbers, a few from her last album 'Mantaray' , and one cabaret number!!! I have the full set list if anyone's interested ;)

I LOVE Siouxsie, I'm sure a few others do, can't we have a bit of a Siouxsie appreciation thread PLEASE???

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-08-04 16:38:34
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • 53 Comments sorted by

• Not my video, I was too busy watching a gig, not looking at a phone but first one I could find

RED LIGHT

as my old punk friend, 10++ yrs my senior, who was there at the time and who happened to have a seat next to me said Siouxsie doing Kraftwerk, that's about right ;)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-15 22:08:09
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Not one from last night, but comparatively recent and CLASSIC
    Cishcash

I'll be sad/surprised if there are no takers for this thread
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-15 23:30:11
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • The Queen of Punk

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Gothing it up with a broken leg, I love her!

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • and one last one 'she's the prettiest thing I've ever seen'

I'm not into body fascism at all, but as much as this was a great performance, Siouxsie looked in a bad state in 1999 compared to how she looks now, poor her, think it was a bad time for her actually, enough said
    Siouxsie Sioux over to someone else ffs ;)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-15 23:37:10
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Holy shizow! She's looking incredible...56 you say?! She's almost my mom's age and my mom doesn't look a thang like that..heeheehee. I'm a fellow Siouxsie fan too..but I haven't kept up with her music-wise...think the last thing I purchased was actually The Creatures "Anima Animus". Hmm, guess I need to check out what she's been up to... ;)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Oh wait, just realized I have MantaRay as well.. B-) Quite good. I used to love.."If it doesn't kill you"..great lyrics!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Hey Ponygurl! Of all the people to leave a comment, wow that is so cool, thank you ;) Anima Animus, yeah was kind of the period I first saw her actually, nice coincidence, I never got round to seeing the Banshees sadly.
    Since Anima Animus, The Creatures made one more album 'Hai' pretty good Japanese style thing. Then Siouxsie and Budgie divorced. Siouxsie finally made a solo album 'Mantaray' in 2007, that's about it until last night. She has had a five years silence, and then here she is, back not just from the dead, well you saw yourself. I don't know she is very youthful again, doing flying kicks and what have you. She had very young musicians on stage, I dunno what her secret of rejuvenation is, but yeah- wow really.

I don't know what her plans are now though, no hint of new material last night, but I really hope she does release a follow up to Mantaray....
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Ponygurl said:

Oh wait, just realized I have MantaRay as well.. B-) Quite good. I used to love.."If it doesn't kill you"..great lyrics!

Yeah it's nice isn't it, oops got a head of myself didn't I, guess I like any excuse to talk Siouxsie

She played about three from Mantarary last nignt; Loveless, Here comes the day and Into a Swan.

It's a re-creation
    My imagination

• A couple of pics I found already online from last nights performance

imageimage
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-16 04:46:11
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • My Siouxsie story...

My wife is a big fan, and we saw the Banshees at the Mayfair (sadly long gone) in Newcastle in what must have been February 1995. At the time, Alison was six months pregnant with our eldest daughter, so that was Catriona's First Gig.

Today, she is an eighteen year old Goth who also keeps nicking discs from my prog collection (especially Porcupine Tree), so we did something right.

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • Nice to hear Siouxsie obviously influenced an unborn APL ;) well she is that good eh.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • From the interWWWebs: A cat that looks like Siouxsie

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I thought all cats looks like Siouxsie no? ;)
    Very sweet of course
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I thought all cats looks like Siouxsie no? ;)

Should have seen that coming! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!