Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 896 Comments sorted by
  • Hypocrisy really refers to acting in a way contrary to one's beliefs (I understand people use it rather generically these days). Figuratively, or in the abstract, krinein might translate better as 'discern,' or even 'judge.' Rather, than hypocrites, these women are simply liars, who are exploiting a supposedly fun, sexy, air-headed version of homo- or bi-sexuality in order to gain the favor and attention of 1) young gay people, who mistakenly believe that they have found a heroine, 2) doofus frat guys who think that they'll appear like big men if they gawk, boner in hand, at two writing naked women instead of just one (To their doofus friends, they do!), and 3) the media, parents, and anyone else who think they're being outrageous.

They just look like boobs in the end.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-03-05 18:20:23
    If I were dead, could I do this?

• Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-03-06 07:17:26
  • Why did you Delete your comment WW? Let's get back to "Bi-Sexuals." Sorry if i seem a little harsh, i'm just trying to understand it. There is Sex on one hand and on the other hand Romance and Love. They should all "come" together at some point, right? I almost feel like there is polarization in the romance/love dept of bisexuals. I mean, they can have sex with "both" but the emotional romantic/love feelings are polarized towards one gender. I guess it just makes me upset sometimes that these performers are capitalizing off of it- but it's not their truth...fuck, idk.

Case in point..Rihanna. This video has received over 92 MILLION VIEWS!!! I remember liking this particular video several years ago when it came out. Looking back, I wasn't fully paying attention..because of what she is doing. She's fucking around with the woman in the clip- but saying she doesn't want it. HYPOCRISY in action. I know it's purely fantasy, but where is it taking you? Sales. Does she love women? No. She tells you. Sales. I've seen it alot over the last decade..just been on my mind lately.

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

..just been on my mind lately.

Noticed.  It just seems to me that they are trying to find themselves or, those that are more sure of themselves may be making a statement, just like everybody else.
  • I would just like to point out that when I'm washing my car, gardening and doing the housework, I drape myself and ooze over everything in that Rihanna fashion. It doesn't half slow the job down. ;)
  • All that is true^^, iuv and PG. It's motivated by cheap and exploitative money-grubbing.

Looking for an up-side, though, I'm thinking that it does at least make it possible to imagine same-sex desire as a legitimate and publicly visible thing. Maybe that helps some people, especially those who are struggling with a sense of themselves that has not been validated anywhere else?

I'm grasping at straws.

Imagine the effect of that same Rhianna video if it had featured two blokes. How interesting that it would seem MUCH more subversive and threatening to the straight world, no?

• ^ Agreed. I had this conversation with a 20something year old fella who also believes that images of two men together are far more threatening to polite society than two women are.
    Not that he himself felt threatened, I should clarify. Actually I found him really interesting and mature.
    I believe the reason that images of women together are less threatening is that women themselves are not taken seriously. Women have always been objectified, so seeing two of them together is just more of the same.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2015-03-11 14:32:05
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Hahahahahahahaha! Now, that's just ridiculous, little lady!
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-03-11 14:37:16
  • Exactly:D
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Run along now, and make us some cookies, or something.
  • I would love to see two blokes do that in a video- I mean a music video. *coughs loudly*. Even though we all know Freud was on crack, I do like his theory on "innate bisexuality." I'm sure societal pressures keep some people on the bi-fence. Rihanna however fell off that fence and into a bush- the burning bush.

Joke-
    "Everybody hates me because I'm bisexual."

"Fuck 'em all"
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Is it not odd that, in a song and video marketed almost exclusively toward gay men, the only intimate contact shown is between two women?

• Here you go, @Ponygurl. Carole Pope briefly addresses Katy Perry.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!