Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales of Us - Lyrics
  • 52 Comments sorted by
  • Know that feelin !
    Bit like being in love for the first time...

Indeed, many thanx to Stranger and JuanBjork!
  • Is there a resource for some of her more unintelligible lyrics that are not printed in the vinyl etc? For example, her particularly high-noted lyrics toward the end of Drew after "La la la la la la." She's always saying *something*, but it's difficult to tell what. Very similar to "It's true you never, never, never, never, never, never know."
  • Full Lyrics For Drew.....
    Pull up the blinds, Open the door wide, Feel the cold arrive, In my bones, Put on my face, The way I dressed today, Feel like you tonight, On my day, Falling little more, You bumped and crashed in dirty snow, Up to our sin, I might as well, Melt into Sunday, Remember the time, We stood there by the lake, Watching boats and planes, Pretty white clouds, The sun will sweat, In fact the song begins, Trees are your skin, On my tongue, Falling little more, You bumped and crashed in dirty snow, Up to our sin, I might as well, Melt into Sunday, Pull up the blinds, Open the door wide, Feel the cold arrive, In my bones, You, me and more, We bumped and crashed in dirty snow, Up to our sin, we might as well, Melt into Sunday, La la la la la, La la la la la la la la la, We know you're, you're not how it seems, Don't have a point, You're not there for the stay, When I will wish you could, Wish that you were there, You could, You're dying in here ,You could be here soon ,You stumble on a river.....

just shows i've got nothing else to do... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Hmm. Yeah, I've seen those, and some of the others that were put out there before the album was released. A lot of the lyrics shown here are incorrect according to those published on the vinyl, which makes me doubt the unintelligible ones.
  • Vesper said:

There's a mistake for Thea, it's : "There's wild in your eyes, there's a light oh Thea, there's a feeling". Not : "There's wild in your eyes oh Thea, there's a light, there's a feeling".

As stated: there are differences between the sung lyrics and the lyrics in the booklet (see scans of the vinyl). It was the same for previous releases actually.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • OwlLasers said:

Hmm. Yeah, I've seen those, and some of the others that were put out there before the album was released. A lot of the lyrics shown here are incorrect according to those published on the vinyl, which makes me doubt the unintelligible ones.

+1
    Unless I have an official source the unwritten lyrics are anybody's guess because they are more like vocal soundscapes inside a musical context than lyrics that can clearly be heard and thus confirmed without a doubt. There were a LOT of misheard lyrics that everybody agreed to before the album was released...
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

OwlLasers said:

Hmm. Yeah, I've seen those, and some of the others that were put out there before the album was released. A lot of the lyrics shown here are incorrect according to those published on the vinyl, which makes me doubt the unintelligible ones.

+1
    Unless I have an official source the unwritten lyrics are anybody's guess because they are more like vocal soundscapes inside a musical context than lyrics that can clearly be heard and thus confirmed without a doubt. There were a LOT of misheard lyrics that everybody agreed to before the album was released...

Yeah, it's unfortunate because she's almost always actually saying something in those soundscapes. You can baaarely make it out. -sigh- Blast her beautiful, inscrutable voice. Thanks for the help though, folks. :-).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!