Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • caro said:

I went to see "Boyhood" yesterday, thanks to a KeithJ's recommendation on Twitter.

I actually didn't know the special characteristic of this film until it was like half of the movie and thought "what the... are the actors actually growing up along with the story??? Oh my dog, they are!!!" When I came back home I searched it on the internet and yes, it is a film that took 12 years to be made!!! I can't imagine all the effort required by the director and actors and being congruent to follow the story. Lots of kudos to them! I loved the idea!

Fantastic achievement and it really is a lovely film. I particularly like the way we saw the whole family change over time and manage all the things that life deals us - the mundane as well as the significant. No sentimental or over the top events either. Just an understated and sympathetic story.
  • OK it was a wet and windy Sunday - Mrs A was scrolling through the sky box and fell upon yet another showing of the Italian Job, compulsory viewing it is the Lure! Along with Top Gun!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Jumanji has just started on Sky 1 , sigh......going to see Guardians of the Galaxy for the second time tomorrow - taking my kids along as well ....I suppose .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Loved Guardians of the Galaxy...think its my fav film of the year so far :) Also recently see 'What if', Inbetweeners 2 and 'Into the Storm'
  • I am unashamedly loving the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack. Knew when watching the film that it'd be something special.

• The Great Ziegfeld (1936) (watched last night).  It's magnificent but (at about 3 hours) far too long.  It has an intermission in the middle.  I should have broken my viewing at the intermission and watched it as two films.

• And here's a very different clip:

• @Pet. So charming and dramatic..and yes, oddly romantic.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Conversations wth other women

We have a monthly Poundland DVD romance film night (i know how to spoil my lady :-)). Our Poundland has an excellent DVD rack of pre used DVD's. Highlights have been Adventureland, Ghost World, Words and Music. But this was a bit more hi brow.

It's almost 'live time' with 2 poeple meeting at a wedding, but is done spit screen and was filmed with 2 cameras so you see the live reaction of each actor. It also cuts to their past memories and can also show 2 spilt emotions. Take a few minutes to get into but once you get into it it's genius. Top actors as well.

• Not last watched. Watching it now. Saturday Night Fever. I went to the cinema to see this on its original release with a group of friends. It has a great, almost continuous soundtrack. I also remember all the discos (yes, discos, not clubs) we went to around this time and everyone totally absorbed by this look and trying to replicate the moves.
    I've had a preference to black brief pants (shorts dear American GMB'ers) ever since !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Out from seeing the new Nordic noir kid on the block, "The Keeper Of Lost Causes".

....and it's brilliant.

In some ways a simple story with simply drawn characters but it's how it plays out and the little details that make it work so very well. If this is the first of the Department Q adaptations then bring on the rest!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • We watched 2012 last night only cos we were a little giddy game show and it was on Channel 5. What a turkey. I mean, I know it was meant to be a conspiracy theory piss take, but well.....how many millions were spent on the SE? I feel guilty this morning for wasting three hours of my life over such drivel ( but the wine and candles were nice!!).
  • I spent the whole movie worrying about the King Charles Spaniel puppy and how it would survive Armageddon . It made it. Yay.
  • KatRobin said:

I spent the whole movie worrying about the King Charles Spaniel puppy and how it would survive Armageddon . It made it. Yay.

Have you not noticed before? The animals always make it. Humans - carnage. Animals - saved. You see any zombie dogs in World War Z?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!