Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • I've not got the email either. And I re subscribed like they said :( :(
  • "This show is the pre-cursor to our performances at Somerset House and Lovebox in July."

So might just include one or two 'tales' tracks... or none at all? Still very envious of those able to go!

Looks alright , so I take it her `intimate` means a small venue and not all of us stood in our pants .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Thinking about it they do keep saying Manchester is the premier of the new stuff.
    Still it'd be lovely to see them whatever they play
  • "This show is the pre-cursor to our performances at Somerset House and Lovebox in July."

So might just include one or two 'tales' tracks... or none at all? Still very envious of those able to go!

I`m hoping/logicing that they use the show to test the songs live . Its a 800 capacity *Laurence-Llewelyn-Bowen-Stylee-Tarted-Up Church , if they`re recording later shows , you want don`t things to go tits up on the bigger scale . They`ll also need to see if the set sags at any point with the new material (ie get the right tracks at the right time) , anyway fingers crossed . Logic Jim , says why bother with a warm up gig without playing the new stuff ?

I`m also hoping for some real Grace Jones style tantrums on stage "I was there when Alison punched a member of the audience" . 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-13 09:46:12
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^ I see your logic. :) I've tweeted Alison asking a bit about Bristol song-plans. No idea if I'll get a reply.
  • I'm just trying to console myself as I can't really go...
    Good idea to tweet HJ!
  • Whyyyyyyyy!??! *dramatically falling down on knees*  :(
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-06-13 07:41:40
    Be patient.
  • I'm just focussing on MIF - other gigs will come & go in the meantime and that's fine.

(I'm telling myself this repeatedly - Grrrr)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Got the ticket!

Thanks to losing my job (sudden redundancy) I have shitloads of free time - and who needs to save money, right? (certainly I'm not saving on Goldfrapp!). No hotel though, so a night on Bristol's streets is on cards (unless I will meet some kind gay stranger via Grindr ;) ).
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • alex_f said:

Thanks to losing my job (sudden redundancy) I have shitloads of free time 

In amongst all the good news sorry to hear that! Everybody says this when that happens but it turns out to be true a lot of the time - something WILL come along and things will be ok. May not seem like it on the day as I can testify to from a couple of months ago but when you least expect it the worls finds a way to balance things out.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Oh no! Why couldn't it be on the Saturday?!! No way I can make it 250 miles away and be back for work on Monday am. And the tickets Id bought for the MIF gig were disallowed as Id only been able to get them via an eBay seller....I'm so so brokenhearted. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE announce a Saturday gig too!! Going to cry in my classroom cupboard now......
  • ^ I have a ticket available for the second Manchester gig. Face value. Inbox me if yr interested.
  • Lucky you lot who are going, looks great

Not that I would be able to make it, the website selling them, seetickets I think, well it's down, I bet this sold out in an instant

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-13 09:15:46
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I need 2 tickets......thank you Ping. I appreciate that, but I'll hold out until I can / IF I can get 2. Best wishes xx
    Post edited by KatRobin at 2013-06-13 09:37:17

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!