Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • alex_f said:

Thanks to losing my job (sudden redundancy) I have shitloads of free time 

In amongst all the good news sorry to hear that! Everybody says this when that happens but it turns out to be true a lot of the time - something WILL come along and things will be ok. May not seem like it on the day as I can testify to from a couple of months ago but when you least expect it the worls finds a way to balance things out.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Oh no! Why couldn't it be on the Saturday?!! No way I can make it 250 miles away and be back for work on Monday am. And the tickets Id bought for the MIF gig were disallowed as Id only been able to get them via an eBay seller....I'm so so brokenhearted. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE announce a Saturday gig too!! Going to cry in my classroom cupboard now......
  • ^ I have a ticket available for the second Manchester gig. Face value. Inbox me if yr interested.
  • Lucky you lot who are going, looks great

Not that I would be able to make it, the website selling them, seetickets I think, well it's down, I bet this sold out in an instant

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-13 09:15:46
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I need 2 tickets......thank you Ping. I appreciate that, but I'll hold out until I can / IF I can get 2. Best wishes xx
    Post edited by KatRobin at 2013-06-13 09:37:17
  • Goodness, a small, intimate location llke that??!?!?  Who cares if they play new songs!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-13 09:32:08
  • ^ Indeed! I wasn't meaning to suggest it'd be less than fantastic. Just trying to convince myself I'm not missing much! (but of course I am)
  • This could be a year like heaven for some Goldfrapp fans.  Can you imagine seeing them in such an intimate location AND seeing "Tales of Us" in Albert Hall with a full Orchestra!??!?!  Sheesh!

I'm lost about Albert Hall, by the way.  I thought that was in London.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-13 10:21:33
  • Aw figs!

I thought I was gonna be amongst the very first to hear the new stuff live!

You lucky Bristolians!!!!
  • I've tweeted Alison asking a bit about Bristol song-plans. No idea if I'll get a reply.

I got a direct reply from Alison! :) As follows:

Elliot Holtz, 
    You have a new direct message. 

goldfrapp @goldfrapp

As we said its about LB & S.H only x

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-13 11:43:33

• How cool HJ!!!  

So I take form that that it is a warm up for those shows and so will probably include 2 or 3 Tales of Us songs.
    Post edited by Una at 2013-06-13 11:57:50
  • So jealous of you, Brits. :D
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Una said:

How cool HJ!!!  

So I take form that that it is a warm up for those shows and so will probably include 2 or 3 Tales of Us songs.

Yeah, I'd guess that's probably what'll happen. Sartori and alex_f will have to report back to us! :)
  • That was nice she replied, ah well I'm still very jealous of those able to go to such a little venue, it'll be fabulous! I wish I was a bit closer so I could make it
  • What's LB and SH??

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!